TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 golden oldie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  08:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Half way into my morning run I suddenly felt an all too familiar knife-like pain in my upper back, sharp enough to take my breath away. Like the well-trained TMS'er I am, I did my usual, ignore and proceed. All well and good til the last half mile, when I was slammed with an even sharper pain. This time I had to walk for a bit before once more sliding ever so carefully into my graceful old man trot. A few more stabbing pains along the way, but I made it home..

WHat nasty unconscious gremlins, thought I as I limped across the threshold, are causing this unwelcome lapse? Aha, I remembered, It's New Years Day. 2011. Another year older, another year closer to (actual) decrepitude. My 60'th birthday looms.

That's a lot, and whether or not I feel consciously angry, there's no doubt it's painful. So, as they like to say on the crime shows, I've got my likely suspect. I'm gonna take him down into the basement and shine a big ol spotlight in his face til he confesses his mischief. Then it's into the pokey with him while I go on with my life..

Will advise..

Happy New Year to all...

A.

Edited by - art on 01/01/2011 08:34:14

healingback

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  10:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go for it art... your a source of wisdom for us newcomers: )

This to shall pass....
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  11:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks hb. Magically, it's just about gone now. Not too many years ago I'd have been laid up for a week.

I think it's all too easy to take this TMS stuff for granted after a while. But it never ceases to amaze me how we can banish pain simply by thinking the right thoughts...

It really is a minor miracle...

Here's a salute to Dr. Sarno. Wonder if he ever reads the forum.. If so, Dr. S., Happy New Year and God bless. :>)
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  12:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I've got my likely suspect.

Nice extended metaphor.

I'm only two months into TMS and I took a look walk on a cold day here, and felt the best I've felt in a long time. I can thank Dr. Sarno for pointing me in the right direction. I can also thank some posters where who introduced me to Dr. Weekes.

It's nice to have a "likely suspect". It's better than an "unidentified subject" or "unsub" (I'm onto Criminal Minds). Like those profilers on Criminal Minds we have to get inside our own brains and duct and induct causes for many physical problems.

Great post.

Keep that suspect in the box till he breaks. Then life without parole.
Go to Top of Page

suegr98

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  16:43:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by art

Aha, I remembered, It's New Years Day. 2011. Another year older, another year closer to (actual) decrepitude. My 60'th birthday loom

I am 51 and found both 40 and 50 hard to take, though not the numbers in between, for whatever reason. My grandma (93 at the time) put it in perspective once, when she said "60 wasn't so bad." I am totally into Ekhart Tolle right now and he says age and time are an illusion. I like that POV even better!

Good work! says the newbie.

take good care,
Sue
http://healingwithfeelings.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  12:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Art,
Congrats on taming your gremlin!
Mary
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  11:43:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mary! I'd just add that the ******'s never down for long. I've never had much trouble with back pain once I got a clue. But there's always something going on at Chez Art :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000