TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 update..not a success story yet... but will be
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

healingback

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  01:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey everyone, so I haven't been on here for the past few weeks which is a good for me as I was living on here at one point.

What's happened in the past three weeks have been a huge change to where I was 3months ago where I couldn't walk for more than 20mins.

A month ago I read a post by vikki, I was at the point where id had sympton substitution I.e skipped heart beats and the back pain reduced, this was enough for me to have confirmation it was tms, I read vikki's post and her attitude was just do it... so I did, I went for a bike ride, and when my mind began to play tricks on me, I.e cramp in my foot, then my hands then back sniffness, I thought to myself 'just do it' so I cycled harder intill my focus was on my exerciseing not on my body... I ended up cycling for an hour, I came home, and I felt great, I followed it up with a dog walk with less pain than I normally would have while walking, it had reduced by 70%.

Three days later I went to the gym, I'm working with a personal trainer and he put me through my paces.... again reduced pain followed... I've since been on another bike ride and to the gym again, I'm seeing friends who I haven't seen in a year because I was in to much pain... I've driven for 4 hrs to see my dad when before I struggled to drive for more than an hr... in short I'm just doing it, I'm just challenging the pain, and its running scared.

When I found out about tms, I believed it made sense, but I also thought I'm diffrent I've been told my joints loose, I have lax ligaments, this is from a car crash, this is typical of me because I'm always getting sick, up till now I just thought I was the unluckiest person alive... its not true... I want to say a huge thankyou to carolyn aka rinkey she's been a rock and kept me from doubting myself to much when I needed it, I also want to thank bonnie who's emails explained her story in such a way that it gave me hope and faith to carry on.
And also want to thank darko, tennis tom, back2it for your imput, and especially darko for telling it how it is.

Ill pop back onto this site now and again, but for now I have to live the life that I haven't been able to for the past year ;)

This to shall pass....

Carole

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  12:15:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey HB!

Thanks for the update! It sounds like you're doing great and isn't it nice to see old pals again especially after a year.
Keep on 'just doing it' even if you sometimes don't want to... and think of how happy your dog is now with all the dog walks!

Carole AKA Rinkey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000