TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Broken toe - now foot pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hematite

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  03:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! I have recovered from serious pain with these concepts. But 15 days ago I fell and chipped a bone in a toe. The next day I stayed off my foot. The day after that I walked to the doctors office from the train and then boom! Severe bottom of the foot pain started that night. A podiatrist said I have plantar fascitis and also my arches are way high. I was getting better but yesterday the pain started and it hasn't stopped. I did walk in a regular shoe on Tues for the first time. Big mistake. But after all the years of tms pain i'm wondering how does one deal with an injury? Or is this my pain syndrome sneaking in a fast one?

It's very confusing to me. I'm sitting here in pain not knowing is this tms or is this some kind of natural progression of an injury. Also, I got a prescription for a neurologist to see about an mri of my foot but due to hmo weirdness I can't seem to get my act together to actually make the calls necessary and I'm afraid it will take weeks as well.

I have literally no experience with foot pain. What I'd like to know is that if i did tear a tendon in the fall, would I have to have surgery to stop the pain. I know it's an absurd question to post to a tms website but I'm sooooo confused. Ha!

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  07:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hematite

A podiatrist said I have plantar fascitis and also my arches are way high.

Dr. Sarno says PF is TMS. The "natural progression" of an injury is to heal. The femur, the largest bone in the body, heals stronger than new in six weeks, after a break. The "natural progression" of TMS is mis-diagnosis, confusion, fear and chronic pain.

What is happening emotionally concurrently? Check the Rahe-Holmes list for possibilities if you're not sure.

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6415

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  11:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PF is unfortunately not always TMS. It's a legit injury at times, and can actually be fairly disabling for athletes as it can take a long while to heal.

That said, unless you altered your gate in some radical way to accommodate the broken toe, I can't see why you'd have actual PF all of a sudden. And I wouldn't pay much attention to the observation re your arch. Typical podiatrist b.s. in my entirely unprofessional opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Forfeet

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  12:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hematite,

How did you know your bone was chipped? Was it after you got to the doctor's and after you began feeling pain in the foot? As others have said, it seems unlikely the pain in the foot and the injury to the toe are connected. I don't want to encourage you to focus or obsess too much on the pain or injury but if you can get the MRI without a financial burden to yourself, you might consider it just to ease your mind and eliminate any physical cause in favor of TMS. As Tennis Tom said, also look at stressors and other things in your life as well to see what else could be contributing factors. Sending positive thoughts your way and hope the pain resolves soon.
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  13:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hematite,

I had a similar incident where I fell and hurt my foot:

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5216

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

hematite

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  18:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! Just came back on the message board! I had 3 x rays confirm a chip break and so I think the foot cramping was normal. I couldn't walk for a month and it brought up a lot of old tms related trauma. And then...I could walk! The arch thing stopped and the toe pain stopped until I started back to yoga. Then it hurt a lot. But I just adjusted and 6 weeks of yoga later the yoga toe pain is gone, too. The cramping was real. It wasn't PF. Or maybe it was but definitely related to the toe injury. Grateful to be really doing some interesting yoga postures. Yay!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000