TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Heart Palpitations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogaluz

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  22:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to hear that but certainly everyone is different and there's no cure all. Some people are wired for anxiety and I DO believe much of that can be treated with breaking the thought feedback loop. But when you're in a state of total panic and fear, you may need some help with getting your thoughts under control. You said Claire Weekes isn't helping anymore..well, she was a proponent of sedation when necessary. It sounds to me as though you need to get yourself to a place where you can think rationally. Someone here suggested an anti-anxiety medication and I would seriously consider it. Take care....

pain is inevitable, suffering optional
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  23:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yogaluz

I'm assuming Tennis Tom hasn't suffered from this particular form of hell or I doubt he'd say it's just a matter of tuning in to one's heartbeat.

You've misquoted me, I never said that.

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti
Go to Top of Page

madrona

3 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  06:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have also had serious issues with actual PVCs and the sensation of them without actual events. I don’t know how many times I went to the ER because of them, thinking it was a heart event. For me it is kind of a mixed issue but I will mention things that I experienced.

I do have heart disease, cardiomyopathy, and one of the drugs they try to give you for it, carvedilol, causes PVCs if I take more than 3.125 mg twice a day which is a way low dose. If I increase the dose as the doctor wanted I get PVCs. For many people, beta blockers help PVCs but not me.

When I tried to take 10 mg elavil at night for my supposed nerve pain, I got palpitations. I have thyroid disease and if I change my meds too fast, I can get palpitations. When my stored iron levels was low (lab test called ferritin) I had palpitations and taking iron helped.

I use supplemental estrogen because of my age and if I forget I can start to feel palpitations and using estrogen helps.

I believe I have TMS and I certainly think palpitations might be part of it however for me I do think that mine are related to the above things-certain drugs and low iron and estrogen.

I sympathize with your condition. Mine are under control at the moment but I understand the terror of sitting or lying there and feeling like your heart wants to jump out of your body. Meditation and relaxation always made me feel better while I was experiencing them.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  11:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jena

Yoga I felt thrilled when I started reading your post and that you go rid of them. Unfortunately I've been on beta blockers and they don't help me. In fact I think they make then worse for me.

Jena,

Why do you suppose the palps went away when you were told they were harmless? You can call that a coincidence if you're bound and determined to continue living in fear. It's always possible. And yet much, much more likely that they went away because for that day or two of blessed relief, you stopped worrying...

Which do you think is more likely?

I think if you're a fair minded, logical person, you'll agree that the second explanation is the likely one. Moreover, you were assured that even if they're real, they're not dangerous..

Think about this carefully. If you want to get better you're going to have to be willing to change. You've admitted you're a hypochondriac, which is a hallmark of the TMS personality. Really Jena, you're a smart person. You can figure this out. Part of you already has. Now you just have to listen to yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Javizy

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  12:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just another thought. Bad breathing habits can be linked to a plethora of symptoms including palpitations and slowed digestion. Proper breathing literally massages your heart, so try to imagine what bad breathing can do to it. Basically, if you breathe using your mouth, have a habit of holding your breath when you're tense, breathe particularly shallowly, have a tendency to yawn/sigh, or notice anything else strange about your breathing, it might be worth looking into respiratory therapy. These sorts of problems are related to the chest tension I mentioned earlier, but ultimately they're all a manifestation of anxiety/TMS. Anything that can help you get out of your current stress cycle is worth a try though.

An easy way to get into it might be some simple breath meditation or yoga breathing exercises, otherwise try a book like Ways to Better Breathing or something on the Buteyko Clinic Method. In the meantime, why not try a relaxing bath? Try to spend 30 minutes just letting your body take care of itself, without being tortured by your mind.

Edit: There's actually an anxiety-focused book based on Buteyko and mindfulness which might be more helpful http://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Free-Stop-Worrying-Quieten/dp/0954599640/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310325407&sr=8-1-spell

Edited by - Javizy on 07/10/2011 13:17:22
Go to Top of Page

Genshin

6 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2017 :  07:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Javizy

There's actually an anxiety-focused book based on Buteyko and mindfulness which might be more helpful http://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Free-Stop-Worrying-Quieten/dp/0954599640/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310325407&sr=8-1-spell

Damn, I got palps after I had done a couple of months with breathing exercises from Buteyko and Frolov. Transistioned from mouth breathing to nose breathing. But the palps just got worse. I've got around 10 pvc/minute and I can feel every single one, and I am scared and depressed because of it. Been going on gradually worse last 7 months.

It'd be interesting to hear how it did go for Jena..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000