TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 is this moving pain or not?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shannclapp

62 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  10:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am wondering since all my things are occuring in the same area, if it means one big problem or is it moving pain. It goes from my right side only teeth pain, then my gums will hurt, then they may burn and then my jaw is really hurting. Generally not everything at once though....
Thoughts

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  15:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This kind of question will get you absolutely nowhere. I'm not even sure what it means, except that you're right back where you started.

Some get better, some don't. Choose to get better.
Go to Top of Page

shannclapp

62 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  16:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good answer. i was having a few good days but moved backwards, your response clarifies that for me. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  19:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's easy to slip backwards. I think it was Andrew Weil who said that for someone to recover from chronic illness one must first address one's character. Of course he was speaking in a somewhat different context, but this definitely applies to TMS in a big way.

The habits of a lifetime of fear and worry do not die easily. I still fight this stuff on a daily basis. But I'm much, much better. If I can do it, if the great majority of forum members can do it, then of course so can you.
Go to Top of Page

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  03:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shannclapp

I am wondering since all my things are occuring in the same area, if it means one big problem or is it moving pain. It goes from my right side only teeth pain, then my gums will hurt, then they may burn and then my jaw is really hurting. Generally not everything at once though....
Thoughts

TMS can only thrive or live in a few places at a time and your brain can only focus on a few spots.

"Scanning" your body to see where the pain is at any given moment only fuels TMS. You're giving TMS permission to be active, hence taking a willful (habitual, addictive) role in your pain. Be ware of this when it happens, that you are the addict to the distraction. Try and tell yourself this every time you mentally scan your usual spots of pain.

Symptoms,location,size,intensity... are all meaningless.
---------------------------
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"- John Lennon

"TMS is just as afraid of us succeeding, as it is us failing" - Me

Edited by - la_kevin on 04/23/2011 03:48:27
Go to Top of Page

shannclapp

62 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  05:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great words guys, thank you. I am an addict to this distraction how insane is that to say.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000