TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Celebrities and TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maccafan

130 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  13:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teri Hatcher has been talking lately about a "mystery illness" that she has been suffering from called frozen shoulder syndrome. Don't you wish you could tell her about Dr. Sarno's work? Probably wouldn't listen or even give it a chance like most people though.

Frozen shoulder syndrome is one of the more painful TMS symptoms I have suffered from. It lasted for years and was way before I'd ever heard of Dr. Sarno. I felt like I wanted to keep my arm in a sling. This went on off and on for years. And it changed from one shoulder to the next a couple of times (real clue I realize now).

Any one out there heard of other well known people who probably have TMS and don't know it?

Maccafan

Edited by - maccafan on 04/26/2011 13:16:28

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  13:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm always thinking about this or that athlete with supposed injuries. Freddie Couples with his bad back is a big one.

I've had frozen shoulder several times. Always lasted a year or more. I just assumed TMS and used the shoulder to the very extent I could. But they still took their sweet time to resolve. The last one I had would bring tears to my eyes when I moved it the wrong way....

Edited by - art on 04/26/2011 13:48:31
Go to Top of Page

Goodney

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  16:28:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the most famous celebrities who has suffered with frozen shoulder syndrome is also one of Dr. Sarno's biggest fans -- Howard Stern. I often will hear of celebrities who have painful health issues and will make connections to other newsworthy but stressful issues in their lives. How about golfer Phil Mickelson being diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis after his wife and mother were both diagnosed with breast cancer? Or wrestler Hulk Hogan suffering terrible back pain that led him to radical surgery right after his divorce? The list goes on and on.
Go to Top of Page

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  20:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howard Stern, Ben Crane (pro golfer), and Howard Stern were all Sarno's patients. Sportscaster Gary Sandusky also recovered from his TMS.

Lots of details, including interviews, videos and quotes, here:
http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/Celebrity+Advocates

Forest
My favorite TMS Wiki pages: How do I journal?, Affirmations, Sarno on 20/20, Find a TMS Doc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000