TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New TMS Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  09:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SteveO, who recently posted in the thread, "Hip Pain is it TMS", has written a TMS book "THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION: Faulty Advice is Making Us Worse". It's reviews on Amazon look good. I'll be ordering it since it's been a while I've read a TMS book and could use a "TMS knowledge refresher". Maybe Dave could add it to the TMS books list on the Forum's Home page.

Here's a link to it:

http://paindeception.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=156

Edited by - tennis tom on 02/12/2012 09:39:32

lynnl

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  15:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tennis tom, thanks for pointing that out. I found in my early experiences with TMS that continual reinforcement was called for in dealing with the condition(s). It can only help to receive the "message" from multiple sources.

To SteveO: Following the links from Tom's post, I saw something about testimonial(s). Does your book include just your experiences, or also a collection derived from others as well?

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  18:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Purchase it here for free shipping anywhere in the world: http://www.bookdepository.com/Great-Pain-Deception-MR-Steven-Ray-Ozanich/9780615462219
Go to Top of Page

Arnie328

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  21:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish he would publish a Kindle version.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  08:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow!! This is great..Does he post on the forum sometimes? Congrats to him!
Go to Top of Page

sickagain

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  22:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just bought this for my Kindle, via Amazon.com. Calling in the reinforcements!
Go to Top of Page

Arnie328

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  08:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting.
The book page says "The Great Pain Deception" is not available for Kindle.
But if you search in the Kindle Store it IS there.

Steve O: you should have Amazon correct that.

Good luck with the book.
Go to Top of Page

Joy_I_Am

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  08:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good! Although I know the theory and have re-read Dr Sarno's books many times, I like to see a new publication, just for reinforcement - and sometimes you just find an author who 'speaks' to you, it's a matter of personal taste.

I have Nancy Selfridge's Fibro book, and Dave Clarke's 'They Can't Find Anything Wrong', but this looks interesting - I'm particularly keen to see what he says about Highly Sensitive Persons, because I've always thought this is a massive part of it (it answers a lot of the 'why do some people get TMS and others don't?' question for me).

However, I live in the UK so it's not available on paper yet (my preferred format); I'll put a hold on it, or maybe get my husband to pick it up next time he's in the States. But I'll be looking out for reviews, here and on Amazon!
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  09:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI to Joy:

According to the post below you may be able to order it.

quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

Purchase it here for free shipping anywhere in the world: http://www.bookdepository.com/Great-Pain-Deception-MR-Steven-Ray-Ozanich/9780615462219

Go to Top of Page

Tippy

31 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  07:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got this book from Amazon yesterday and I am telling you its a bit long but it is well worth the read. If some of you think you have it bad wait until you read this mans story! I am shocked he is still living and normal.

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000