TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 why am i not completely convinced?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  09:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
help! im googling symptoms again! todays new one is green stool-still anxiety from dads mini stroke? he home and seems fine-how long before symptoms subside?. stools have been normal-i wish this rollercoaster ride would stop-very dizzy today..what gives? sinus/eye pressure/dry eyes-was fine when i got up-now symptoms like crazy-unreal.

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  09:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did your Dad have a TIA?
Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  10:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it was a tia-good times
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  10:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good probably, my Dad had a couple of TIA's. I'm no expert on them by any means, but I wonder if, sometimes, they may be mis-dx'ed for what used to be called feeling faint. After you are ambulanced to the ER, spend three days in the ICU, given a battery of tests and charged $25,000, I would think it's hard for the hospital to say you just had a fainting spell. My Dad had a couple of these with no physical visible effects accept to his confidence. Since they are over in a matter of minutes it's hard to find any evidence for them. The therapist who came in to determine my Dad's degree of disability couldn't find anything wrong that I could see and then said she thought his eye was a bit droopy, which I couldn't discern either. BTW whatever happened to smelling salts? I googled Quackwatch but couldn't find anything on TIA's except that overly aggressive neck manipulations by chiros can give you one.
Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  12:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
of course they noceboed me by saying it was probably a pre cursor to the "big one"- this will be his 2nd tia-he already had a big one oct. 2010-destroyed almost half his brain-only left him with speech and thought to word issues-still drives a car though -go figure---ironically my dad is also a very anger-repressed person since child hood-he had abusive drunks for parents-a good tms candidate
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  14:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Why" is a question that you probably cannot answer.

But clearly, you are still focused on your symptoms, unable to accept they are benign, Googling them, and fearing them. As long as this continues, TMS is winning. So why shouldn't the symptoms continue? They are doing exactly what they are intended to do.

You must at least "act as if" you believe, and stop obsessing about the symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  15:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jaya, Dave is 100% spot on! If you understand that your symptoms are TMS there is no point googlizing them. I made the mistake of doing this myself once and convinced myself of all sorts of rubbish, which I had to ignore.....this is the hard way to do it! I have had a a number of weird issues since then, and I just label them as TMS and they pass with time, I just ignore them best I can then then they go.

Focus on the emotional/mental work.....this is the source of your physical issues!

D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000