TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 A milestone!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drh7900

USA
194 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  14:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I'm working on the "resume all physical activity" part of my recovery. I have to admit I was very apprehensive about doing this...in fact as the event drew nearer, I found myself feeling very nervous...even anxious...

But I went and joined to work buddies today in a game of cut-throat racquetball! I haven't played racquetball (dare I say a passion of mine) in 12 years! I've always been afraid of making my back worse. Now that I know I can't make my back worse...I wanted to get on the court again. I didn't play quite as well as I did 12 years ago...but heck...it's been 12 years...I have some old rusty joints I need to oil yet!

I'd be lying if I said I didn't hurt...but I didn't hurt any more by the end of the games than I did before we played...and I didn't take it easy on myself either...I probably was a little too careful as it related to avoiding running into the walls...but I hit the ground a couple times. I had a blast and hope to be able to go again soon!

--
Dustin

MichaelB

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  19:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be rooting for you Dustin. I, too am trying to get moving. It's seems the less I move, the worse I get. So I've pushed the envelope so to speak. Never have done racquetball. Did 3 different martial arts though. Too old to do that now, besides I take blood thinner and that wouldn't do me well to get punched in the face. Think I'll continue to do some Tae Bo though. Still sore after work outs but I believe in my heart of hearts, that one must "work it out" and to quote Steve's book, --"JUST KEEP TRYING". Best of luck to you Dustin. Let us know how you're doing. We all are watching and learning. Thanks for sharing.
Michael B
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000