TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Enough with these mouth saws already!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kristin

98 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  10:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laura,
Thanks for those references. They make a lot of sense in my situation. I work with a couple of very difficult people. The emotional atmosphere of my job has become a bit "toxic". I've been told it's a waste of time to confront these people. They are kind of "crusty" older guys! At the same time I was told that putting on the "happy" mask wasn't recommended either. Now that I think about it the whole atmosphere at work is very judgemental. It's unpleasant.

I crave doing creative things when I'm at home or during weekends. My job is very computer centered, data entry, etc. The point is chosing between doing what I dream of and love and having a good secure job with excellent benefits. Intellectually I think I'm finding a balance but my body isn't buying it.

Laura, maybe the sore throat "symptom" is something that could help you break out of TMS. From reading other's posts it seems those who successfully break through have an "aha!" moment. I wish you success in confronting those frustrating issues!

Edited by - Kristin on 03/08/2005 10:08:39
Go to Top of Page

Carol

91 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  11:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only have a few minutes on the message board, but I want to post this before I forget. For those of you who find that chewing gum can be both a help and a problem, I suggest that you try Carefree bubble gum. That is about the only gum I can chew, and it really does help to relieve the burning.

Also, someone mentioned taste disturbances. I also experienced awful tastes in my mouth - sometimes an extremely salty taste and sometimes a chemical taste. I haven't experienced it with my current flare up, and I hope I don't.

I did see my doctor yesterday regarding the pain on the side of my head. After a careful exam he thinks it is referred pain from tension in my mouth and jaw. (Bless him, he did not put me back into the medical maelstrom) He did suggest that I might have a mouth prosthesis made by my dentist. I had one with my previous burning mouth episode and it really did help with sleeping. I may try it again.

I also may consider trying tegretol again if this doesn't dissipate soon, but I think it will. I know what is causing it (at least I am pretty sure) and am focusing hard on dealing with the situation. so many of you have parent problems. Mine are with children and grandchildren, but not because of disagreements. It is worry about them, and trying to help without getting myself over invested emotionally. I do tend to worry excessively, have done it all my life. Anyway, I think that I am getting close to the problem and that is why all my old stuff is flaring up.

Carol
Go to Top of Page

Steve

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  11:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of referred pain, I have a new one for you. I get pain in my mouth when I used my right shoulder. For real. My "injured" shoulder is the body part that originally began my whole TMS cycle. So when I go to use my right arm, instead of feeling TMS pain in my shoulder, I feel it in my mouth, tongue, etc. Talk about bizarre!!! I believe that because the pain has morphed around from my right shoulder to the right side of my face, I've been conditioned to anticipate pain there. For some reason, my brain places it in my mouth/face/jaw instead of my shoulder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000