TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Rage Against TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RikR

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  11:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very aware that one of my emotions that is so powerful now is not “Getting Mine” starting in childhood and now what TMS and childhood wounding has done to take away my life.

My inner child just wants to go play, never to have known what a “Sarno” is or psychology or the thousand and one other “have to’s” or shoulds.

My play as a child was always steeped with concern on what was going on at home or the ridicule at school when other children saw our poverty and knew my step fathers were alcoholics in a small community.

So know my rage is against TMS and it stealing my life – how do you work with that??

"Around and Around the Circle We Go....
The Answer Sits In The Middle and Knows..."

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  13:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RikR,

I want to first say that I am sorry to hear of your pain and suffering, and I totally understand your feelings. The place you are mentally in right now is the source of most of your suffering. In essence you are, if I am reading your words correctly, feeling sorry for yourself and believe you have been wronged throughout life. This has generated an inner dialogue which tells you that you are no good and that your life has little value or meaning. As a result, you possess a low estimation of yourself and put yourself down. These thoughts fill you with a lot of inner tension and anger directed at yourself which has turned into physical symptoms.

But I believe, as do many people on this message board, that there is indeed a way to emerge from this torment that you find yourself in. I am going to offer my personal advice and others will also, I am sure, chime in with their words of wisdom. Try not to be too overwhelmed with the data you receive.

Your question regarding how you work on that rage is that you have to start seeing yourself in a new light. Begin to see yourself as being special, with value, purpose and meaning in your life, regardless of what others say or what your mind tells you. This is where I recommend applying positive affirmations to counter this negative mind-chatter which continues unceasingly in your brain and keeps you in a state of suffering. ie: "I accept myself for who and what I am." or "I am an incredible human being with a lot of amazing abilities."

First of all, I want you to read this article on affirmations which I feel will be a helpful first step:

http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8187

Secondly, I invite you to listen to some of these audio clips from Ekhart Tolle, especially those marked with a star. When doing so, try to see how his words apply to your unique situation. This is not religious teachings, but mindfulness exercises:

http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8097

Finally, I invite you to read Ace's (he is a physician) keys to healing everyday for several weeks and, to the best of your ability, seek to integrate them into your daily life:

http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7765

Pay close attention to key # 11: "Eliminate all negative talk and stop yourself from going down a negative line of thinking. This is "negative" mind power."

You are going to heal. You are going to post your success story here. Believe in yourself that you can and will do it.

Shawn

Edited by - shawnsmith on 02/21/2013 15:04:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000