TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Shouting at yourself without being crazy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Broke Back Guy

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  21:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so spent a few days literally shouting at my brain telling it to piss off and that I am the guy in charge here. Been just repeating to myself that my back is fine, my spine is fine no matter what the xrays and MRIs say. Back in the gym like nothing was wrong, grunting through the pain when it happens but mostly then going right back to the fact that there is no pain to be felt. Kind of like the Matrix! "There is no spoon". Thinking how it is just my head messing with my back so that it can cover up old issues. I then keep saying that these issues I am at peace with or even if they are there I am still at peace with them. Ironically enough I do feel like my pain is not as severe when I do certain activities that bring the pain on. It is almost like the second I am in real pain I start cursing out my brain for trying to purposely hurt me.

I guess the question is does anyone else do this or is this the first sign of me losing my marbles like you see when you see some confused person walking down the street talking to themselves?

Whatever it is I am going to keep it up. Does anyone have any other strange habits or practices like this? The question is for all of you, when the pain hits and it hits hard, what are some of the little tricks you do to remind the brain who is in charge?

Thanks all!

Broke Back Pilot!

Broke Back Guy

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  21:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another thing I started doing is to stop acting like a guy with a messed up back. NOrmally when I stand up it takes me a few seconds, not like the younger days when I could just pop right up and off you go. In the gym as well, getting up off benches this year has involved me holding on to the bench with one hand and pushing myself up as opposed to using the muscles of the back to just pull me up or grabbing on to something like an old man every time I need to move from a bench to standing or from sitting to standing. I gave that up today as well. I just started popping up from the sitting position, pain or not pain. If I have to get up from a chair, it would be hand on the chair to push myself up to save the back, now I am just getting up like I was 18 with no problems, pain be damned! In a strange way I think that is helping as when standing up resulted in me putting a hand on the chair and pushing up usually accompanied with a loud groan or an ouch type of thing, it keeps your brain thinking something IS physically wrong or you would not be hobbling around like an invalid. Anyway, going to keep that up for a while as well. Even if it hurts and when it does I will just curse out my brain for making my joints hurt all over and get mad that it is the brain doing this to me and no the body.

Just a few thoughts.

Me
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  22:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My ex wife told me that yelling at her back pain did the trick. I on the other hand had such severe TMS that it would make it worst.

Even recently with my bout I tried shouting at it to make it go away and that would last 5 minutes.

But that was enough to prove tms so I ran with it. Shouting did not work for me, what worked for me was slowly getting back in the gym and after a month tearing up the boxing ring and the weights like I was training for a fight.

One Doctor described my chest pain as spondylosis and that being the sole reason for my pain, another said cervical strain etc. I felt pops and clicking all the time as well as sharp stabbing burning pains. I was even diagnosed with shingles.

But the kicker is why am I still having these pains years later?

Honestly I had to go back to therapy. I wish I was a book cure and that Sarno's simple stuff could work for me but I was the 20 percent that needed therapy and he even told me that personally.

Fast forward to the last few years and I have put my body through so much, I do pro wrestling, crossfit you name it. I know for a fact my back is not fragile and can handle everything despite not being able to even do anything a few years back.

I hsve been chronicling my story here just to reassure myself that I am doing good.

So it is good you mention that your tms pain is not as bad after yelling at it. Keep doing what works but do not go crazy. We are all entitled to good and bad days at first.

Don't look up symptoms and now try to treat the cause of the pain which is coming from the brain. Understand this is a smoke screen for something with a bigger meaning.

Sarno even says in his books back pain should not be this chronic, nerves eventually die causing no pain, oxygen deprivation no matter how big or small causes horrific pain.

We are cavemen and not spineless feeble creatures. We are dense material that do not shatter like glass contrary to what main stream medicine would want us to think.

**Sure I can lay down on a bed of nails and not have pain but why am I having back pain when laying down on a soft mattress?
Go to Top of Page

Broke Back Guy

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  22:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think for me I can get my head around the concept of the brain controls everything. It is very logical. I keep saying my own little mantra when I am in pain and that is "I CONTROL THE BRAIN SO I CONTROL THE PAIN" which is true and I know it. I need to relax, I am like that song "I'm in a hurry to get things done", everything is a rush and for no reason at all. I get testy with the kids when they are slow to do things, I just need to flipping slow down and relax. I think this has only come on in the last year or so to coincide with the pain. I did not leave the house for a long time but now when we do go somewhere, the more I have to stand, the more I have to sit, wait, walk, stand an extra few seconds putting one of them in a car seat, the more pain I am in and the longer it is going to take me to get home to get to somewhere that I have a comfort zone in sitting or laying to make the pain go away.

FOr me that has lead me to always be in a rush or impatient with everything. I need to cure that but I dont really know how so maybe once the pain goes away that will also go away.

I get the mind body connection now via Dr Sarno's work. I can keep pumping myself up enough to understand and comprehend that it is indeed all in the mind and brain and I am in charge.

THe only issue I dont really know how to deal with is what is my rage? What are my issues? I honestly do not know of any that I can think of worthy of writing about or keeping a journal on. Sure I have had stress in my life here and there around check rides as a pilot and buying a home and all that stuff but if that is causing me repressed rage then I dont really see it, ergo it is repressed I guess.

I think I can push enough to make this go away by telling my brain the truth, I control the strings here, not you. All pain after all is just electrical signals as processed by the brain so if we can program the brain to know there is nothing there then that should make the pain go away.

I am just not entirely sure how to formulate a plan on how to attack this repressed anger and rage and all that sort of thing or how to add to my daily thinking periods on this things to add to make that all go away, the repressed bits.

I guess I need to take up meditation or something and just learn how to quiet the mind and see if anything jumps out to front and center.

Thanks again all.

Just talking about all this with folks that do not think you are crazy is a big help! Try telling this to a doctor!

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  22:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thing is you are trying to hard to control and pull the strings and be the big shot on campus.

You have to understand your pain is there for a reason and the exact reason you are trying to get rid of your pain is what is helping to perpetuate it.

There is no attacking the pain/brain. It is apart of you. Infact it wants you to view this in terms of attacking it because it wants a fight.

More attacking the pain the more severe it can get. Conscious you understand the pain and wait for it to sink in on a deeper level.

Alot of tms people find it hard to journal because they have done such a great job at repressing their emotions that they are truly emotionless and always justify things or rationalize.

These are defense mechanisms we use to we do not feel dupped by what others are projecting on us.

Getting testy with your kids might be the inner workings of a catalyst for the pain. Maybe your kids were a trigger? Sarno mentions this.

What would like be without the kids? Are you stuck with a woman/mother to your kids that is not fulfillng her duty as a mom/wife?

There are so many places we can go with this but ultimatly whatever first thought you had when you found out your wife was pregnant to the first time you had to wake up in the middle of the night to change a diaper is probably the same thought or emotion that might be causing all of this...or not. We do not have to get down to the nitty gritty but just understand we might be angry at some things going on that in real like we arent allowed to get angry at because that would be selfish and immoral on your part.

Think the impossible. It is 1am on a Saturday what are you going to do to enjoy the rest of the night?

**Sure I can lay down on a bed of nails and not have pain but why am I having back pain when laying down on a soft mattress?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000