TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 needing more help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kristenl

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  15:40:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
So I need some more help. I have been struggling along, trying to believe my eyelid swelling, dry eye, and joint pain were all due to tms. I definitely do have the personality for it! I recently went to the doctor where they ruled out arthritis and kidney issues (because of the swollen eyelid), but the eye doctor did see the dry eye and swollen eyelid. I am pretty convinced its sjogrens, which really scares me. I've read that at least one person overcame that on this site. My question is, it's classified as an autoimmune disease, so how do I know for sure and convince myself it's tms? Does anyone have any personal experience with this? I have a lot of stressors in my life, upcoming IVF, work, etc, but I can only seem to focus on and research this, probably bc I'm so worried about it, which I know I'm not supposed to do. How do you convince yourself something is tms if its not specifically stated in his books? Of course, back pain and shoulder pain were mentioned, and I never got rid of those:(
I just feel that I'm going further and further downhill. I've had cancer, various tms related problems and pains, going through infertility treatment (due to things not tms related) and now a possible scary autoimmune disease. Any (more) advice?
Thanks so much for reading.

K

fadoozle

33 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  16:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kristen,

You say you're "pretty convinced" it's Sjogrens. Did you see a rheumatologist for a clinical diagnosis? Did the eye doctor perform a Schirmer's test?

I have an autoimmune condition (ulcerative colitis) that I control with medication. I have also suffered from TMS manifested in the past as GERD, anxiety, depression, back pain, etc, and I have also experienced physical ailments that are decidedly not TMS. Currently I'm battling a yeast infection that is not responding to treatment and can correlate with diabetes or a "weakened immune sytem" (per Dr. Google).

What I have come to realize is that TMS is, for the most part, anxiety and fear of death (because the potential reality of having a "real" illness puts us in touch with our mortality, and quick). Sometimes I help myself by going down the "what if" path all the way. What if this tingling in my toes is MS? Then it's MS, and I will try to treat it and take care of myself. What if I really do have diabetes? Then I will have diabetes, and treat it the best I can.

I have come to realize that some people are blessed with incredibly good health and remain free of pain and illness until old age, and others are not so lucky. Whether this has to do with TMS or not I don't really know, and I don't think it matters. **** happens, and we take it as it comes. I see no other way (at least for myself).

That said, my hopes are that you do *not* have Sjogrens, of course! I admire your courage and am humbled by everything you've already been through with your health.

Edited by - fadoozle on 07/26/2013 16:35:10
Go to Top of Page

kristenl

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  16:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the post. No, I have not been officially diagnosed. This is a self diagnosis. I've done many before, and most of them turned out to be wrong, but sometimes it's turned out worse, which just fuels my hypochondria. She did diagnose me with dry eye, unexplained eyelid swelling in one eye for the past 9 months, and unexplained joint pain, which sure sounds like sjogren's to me. I definitely could be wrong bc I have been before. It doesn't feel like I am, but I never feel wrong when I'm in the midst of a health worry. I know sometimes I do think worst case scenario just to say, ok, no matter what, I'll just deal with it, but I still find myself 20 minutes later scouring the Internet to find my personal worst case scenario and scaring myself silly. Thanks for your reply.
Go to Top of Page

dgreen97

122 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  20:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kristen, anxietycentre.com might help you
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  10:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kristenl)- Hi everyone,
So I need some more help. I have been struggling along, trying to believe my eyelid swelling, dry eye, and joint pain were all due to tms. I definitely do have the personality for it! I recently went to the doctor where they ruled out arthritis and kidney issues (because of the swollen eyelid), but the eye doctor did see the dry eye and swollen eyelid.

Eric)- if the Dr.ruled out what might be causeing the issue then why keep trying to find out if it is the issue- that's tmsing

kristenl)- I am pretty convinced its sjogrens,

Eric)- how can you be convinced when the Dr. didn't find anything

kristenl)- which really scares me. I've read that at least one person overcame that on this site. My question is, it's classified as an autoimmune disease,

Eric)- ok you fear it- tms symptom #1-
you want to find the person with the exact problem that you really
not even sure if you have, you want to keep digging to prove a point
tms symptom #2
your already diagnosing yourself- tms symptom #3

kristenl)- so how do I know for sure and convince myself it's tms? Does anyone have any personal experience with this?

Eric)- youll never convince yourself while your still doubting in the same thought- it takes time to grow and learn- you have got to be willing to put the time in to stop this life of fear and focus on doubting tms healing- you have a lot of doubts that tms is even real and you want someone to tell you how to believe, that's a step you have to make Kristen- just like you believe in the worst, now start believing in the best....easier said than done but weve all been through it- you can------ do it

kristenl)- I have a lot of stressors in my life, upcoming IVF, work, etc,

Eric)- heres a good place to start focusing and calming yourself on, you might even want to go and scream to let off some anger- the whole tie in I see you have is the extreme fear, and focus on the worst- you have to learn concepts to elude these twin instigators of tms

kristenl)- but I can only seem to focus on and research this, probably bc I'm so worried about it, which I know I'm not supposed to do.

Eric)- my point proven, if you put your energy toward the cure instead of the problem -you will be fine in time, patience is a powerful virtue

Kristenl)- How do you convince yourself something is tms if its not specifically stated in his books? Of course, back pain and shoulder pain were mentioned, and I never got rid of those:(
I just feel that I'm going further and further downhill. I've had cancer, various tms related problems and pains, going through infertility treatment (due to things not tms related) and now a possible scary autoimmune disease. Any (more) advice?
Thanks so much for reading.

Eric)- your trapped in an endless loop of doubt ,doom and gloom-
the eye issues have been stated, maybe not the exact words to feed youe tmsing but the eyes fall under the autonomic nervous system or (ans) which is very treatable by tmshealing or mind body healing but if you cant get that in your mind then you will spiral further into this terror you've been in- you said cancer , was it malignant , you didn't state any further about that- r u ok with that issue
I really care for you Kristen and we all here do, and we all want to help and I hope you don't take me as an unkind person, kindness is a great gift for healing but you have to see what your doing to yourself
your cry for help has fallen on fertoil soil, but we cant help you if you don't do the suggested rules that's laid out in sarnos books
have you done his protocols yet- I remember asking you this back in December- its been a while now- if not its time to lay down the fear and believe, believe that you can turn your life in a new direction that's not full of folks that are just wishing- we heal and that's why we love to help
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2013 :  12:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kristen,
I think we have to be careful to distinguish TMS from an actual stress induced illness. One is, as they used to say in the old days in (an ignorantly disparaging way), "all in our head" the other is real. Were it I, I'd see the very best docs I could find in this area while exploring the possibility that stress plays a role in it.

I would not simply dismiss it as something harmless.

Either way, that is real or TMS, stress reduction and a sense of graceful acceptance of life's vicissitudes are deeply therapeutic.

Understand that I fully appreciate how difficult those things are. I struggle with them myself every day.

All the very best,
A.

Edited by - art on 07/28/2013 12:05:49
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000