TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Excuses & Lies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2014 :  09:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Dave, Ace,

I was doing lot better for almost a year without any major issues. I keep thinking about writing the success story. However, recently when someone asked me to travel to a different country for a business reason, to avoid traveling I told that I have chronic pain in hip, leg and back (actually pain free while telling). Sheer anticipation.

The very next day, all my original pains returned. All these days, I was also stretching a lot and playing in the court. I'm little confused what had actually made the pain returning, whether the excuse I gave telling that "I'm having chronic pain", or the sports activity.

I'm baffled. Can you please help?

Thanks.

Edited by - Racer on 04/07/2014 09:10:17

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2014 :  20:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TT, Balto, are you there? I hope you are doing well.
Any thoughts about these excuses & lies make the pain return.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  08:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Racer, still here although most of the TMS action is over at the Wiki site these days. Well you've proven to yourself how POWERFUL the mind is in producing sickness and health, the mind as "healer" as well as "slayer" as the book title goes--and that's the whole point of TMS/psychosomatic theory. Seems like your subC laid on you a dose of Karma for fibbing about your reason for not travelling instead of dealing with it head on and your TMS guilt/goodest personality went into self-punishment mode.

Dr. Sarno says TMS is part of the human condition, so we might be a "success story" for a while but with the correct set of circumstances it can return as you almost instantly discovered. Also check the Rahe-Holmes list for other stressful events that you may have endured and repressed in the last year building up your reservoir of rage to overflowing to create your current physical symptom distractions. Their should be a link to the R-H list in my sig below. Seems like you need a TMS booster of KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN.

G'luck!
tt/lsmft

BOILER PLATE DISCLAIMER: Get checked out by a TMS physician for a TMS objective DX (good luck finding one, I've also got a link to a list of those below). This is free advice and we all know what that's worth. I'm NOT a medical professional--although I slept at a Holiday Inn Express once or twice and I'm only qualified to practice tennis.

P.S. Racer, what kind of "court" were you playing on?--tennis?

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  09:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you TTom. Infact the pain manifested by 10 times, the very next day I gave the excuse. It also made me think that restarted a sleeping program.

Yes, it was Tennis, and other field acivities as well.
Thanks again.

Edited by - Racer on 04/09/2014 05:38:34
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  22:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TT is right Racer, negative emotion is like the temperature. Too hot or too cold and our body will suffer. Too much stress, negative thoughts... and our body will produce tms symptoms. Our mind anticipate what we communicate and turn it into symptoms. Over million of years of evolution, our body are very sensitive to negative "words", Anything implies "danger" will very likely trigger a "fight or flight" respond, which will turn into tms symptoms in people like us. Former tmser's will become tmser's again very easily due to "implicit memory" (google implicit memory).

Just do not FEAR. Never never fear your symptoms. Fear is the worst thing you can do when having symptoms.
Also, negative "words" having negative effect but we can use positive "words" to counter it's effect. Use positive affirmation daily and often, it will help. Just remember that positive "word" take much longer to work because due to our survival instinct, our mind pay more attention to any thing negative than positive.

Good luck Racer.

------------------------
No, I don't know much. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  06:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Balto. Yes, I started realizing this statement "I'm having some chronic pain" is the culprit. Going through some readings about "implicit memory". Really interesting. You words about fear is true, and gives me the confidence that positive affirmations will help.

Infact you must be aware, I was practicing with positive affirmations in the past, however this time the mind played lot trickier with me, triggered all the flash-backs, was overwhelmed instantly.

TT,

You are spot on asking me to check Holme Rahe list. I scored more than 300+ this time, compared to much less when I checked in the last few years. It clearly shows some additional accumulations. Each challenge is unique.

Edited by - Racer on 04/09/2014 06:07:30
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  07:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Racer
I'm baffled. Can you please help?

TMS is a clever process. It will give you the symptoms that have the best chance to grab your attention. You gave it an opportunity it could not refuse when the pain you had largely forgotten about entered your conscious thoughts and you spoke about them.

I suggest you think about the reason why you felt compelled to avoid traveling. Maybe it stirred up unconscious feelings, self-esteem issues, fears, etc.

As for whether the sports activity had anything to do with it, assuming you have been doing the same physical exercises for the past year with no pain, then why would you come to that conclusion? Again, it is clever TMS at work, making you believe that the symptoms may have a physical cause.

Seems to me you gave your unconscious mind a perfect opportunity it just could not pass up.
Go to Top of Page

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  08:02:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I suggest you think about the reason why you felt compelled to avoid traveling. Maybe it stirred up unconscious feelings, self-esteem issues, fears, etc.

Thanks Dave. The actual reason is simple, I didn't wanted to miss my family.

quote:
As for whether the sports activity had anything to do with it, assuming you have been doing the same physical exercises for the past year with no pain, then why would you come to that conclusion? Again, it is clever TMS at work, making you believe that the symptoms may have a physical cause.

The pain was like in the nerve on one side from feet to the head in different joints. I visualized the throbbing pain as a blinking red/amber in a traffic light, and something seriously wrong when it amplified. I certainly know it is a wrong visualization creating pain in the body.

Sometimes I want to sit in a serene place, and let all the emotions drain out of me, keeping the mind not thinking anything. However, hundreds of thoughts go across and challenge me.

Edited by - Racer on 04/09/2014 09:12:37
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000