TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Another succes story, with some doubts :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2014 :  14:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all

First of all, I would like to thank you for your precious help, advice and enlightment. Dr Sarno is truly a wonderful

person and now I can say that I've been cured after accepteing TMS was the culprit for my pain. I'm now just another success story.

Summing up,I was battling with neuropathic pain throughout 5 years, after some exercices with dumbells, and crazy push-ups (50 a day). I was firtsly diagnosed with RDS, since there wasn't any visible nerve damage on EMGs, and lastely - Ulnar nerve entrapement.

Despite the fact that doctorss here in Portugal are not so "business like" as in the USA, things are changing rapidly, because of private hospitals. Only one old doctors told me to forget about the root of my pain, while almost every young

doctors said I needed decompression surgeriy (of all kind). Now the good part, I've been pain free for the last couple of years. How? Because I learned about TMS and stopped worrying about using my arms because drs say our body is weak, specialy tendons, and nervsés. What really helped me was to commit myself to my favourite hobby. Distraction is the key.

However, last weekend I did some push-ups and the burning pain came back, but then I remembered it's been so long being pain free that I forgot how it was to be in pain, so I got scared, very scared. My brain started deceiving me again, creating doubt, helped by the Internet where it says push-ups can cause ulnar nerve entrapmente. I remember being very affraid of resume doing push-ups because it all started with it. I'm still affraid of doing things I used to do though, such as typing on the computer, etc. My question is, how to maintain pain free, when you Forget how it was to be in pain, and forgot all it's symptoms?

Thanks again. And please comment this post. I'd love to hear from you.

Filipe

Edited by - filipe on 08/30/2014 14:49:13

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2014 :  06:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once someone in this forum told me (about my long process for becoming pain free): "You're not there yet", because I was still trying to understand the phisical aspects of my pain. I eventualy "got there", and belive there were nothing wrong with my arms. I think I just forgot how it was to "be there" because it's been so long without feeling any pain. My brain keeps telling me that this time is for real, because I did somtinh I haven't donne it along time ago, push-ups. I think i just forgot the click to convince my brain otherwise. Should I do push-ups? I mean, I just don't need to do push-ups to live, but the fear of doing will always remain.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000