TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Looking for IBS help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike999

2 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  12:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the root cause of my IBS is TMS, but now it has progressed to a point where it is a conditioned response to the stress of being away from a bathroom. As soon as I get in the car to go somewhere, particularly if going somewhere stressful or without bathrooms on the route, I immediately feel fear of having to find a bathroom in case of emergency. I'm at a loss of what to do now. I've tried writing journals, meditating, reading Mindbody Prescription and recently SteveO's book, but I'm not finding any new techniques to try. At this point I'm stuck on whether or not I need to treat the conditioned response separately than the TMS. For instance, would IBS hypnotherapy be contrary to TMS healing of stopping all treatments?

I'm looking for suggestions, especially from anybody that has healed from IBS. My life is stressful, and unfortunately I can't change that now, so I'm hoping for something better than to just relax and take it easy.

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  14:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike999

I'm pretty sure the root cause of my IBS is TMS, but now it has progressed to a point where it is a conditioned response to the stress of being away from a bathroom.

The fact that you understand and accept that it is a conditioned response is key. Now it simply takes repetition and time to recondition yourself. If you seek alternative treatments then you undermine recovery. There are no shortcuts or magic techniques. You simply have to accept that the fear is irrational and it serves a purpose. Then thwart that purpose by confronting the emotional turmoil that you may be experiencing inside but not fully appreciating on a conscious level.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000