TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 "the law of detatchment"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2015 :  18:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this to be exactly what I needed, except I needed it 5 years ago when I was desperate for answers.

Let me rephrase and say this "law" nicely describes the approach I ended up doing in my recovery.

This "law of detatchment" goes along with the "law of attraction" so please don't get it confused with the math logic side of it. I think it's used in syllogism too whatever that is.

Briefly, if you've been desperately searching for relief of your pain, first, based on the law of attraction, you will learn if it feels desperate you are on the wrong path. Now if you simply state a goal, and proceed with your life not needing to meet that goal, but simply have good feelings when you think about that goal, then you are on the right path.

If you can't live your life until you're pain free, and work hard to be pain free then you will suffer.

I'm rambling.... How about this..,,If you're desperate, google LOA, and LOD, see how they correspond.

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2015 :  21:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skizzik

...Now if you simply state a goal, and proceed with your life not needing to meet that goal, but simply have good feelings when you think about that goal, then you are on the right path.

You nailed it Skizzik!

Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2015 :  10:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom.

The notion of simply ignoring it works for the less scary symptoms it seems. Whenever I pictured myself pain free, that was the only way I could smile, but I was convinced that even giving in to the good feeling was not total disdain for the pain. And the cycle continued.

I guess it helped lighten me up a wee bit.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000