TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Is this TMS or physical problem?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TMSisReal

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2015 :  17:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I would really like to know your opinion on something. For now 8 years I was diagnostised with Shoulder problem / rotator cuff pain, following a bad position when i was workingout (injury). I have seen many physiotherapists and differents experts, but I couldn't fix my problem.

After reading John Sarno's book, I am wondering if I really got a TMS in my shoulders... My shoulder only hurts when I do something with my arm above my shoulder level. If I feel bad or anything, my arm, my neck, or my back might scratch but nothing will hurt in my shoulder.

I had TMS in my forearm/wrist (carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive stress injury) but I could fix it! Since I would often feel a pain in my arm, without doing any action. And it would always follow a bad stress/thought/repressed feeling. I still got some episodes today but I KNOW it's in my head.

I am 100% sure that I got TMS, I am a very stressed, perfectionnist, hard working type of person. If someone should have tms it's me, I have no life outside of work litteraly. If I don't work I feel bad, my arm might starts to itch or burn. But my shoulders are outside of this picture... so what do you think? I would really like to know your opinion guys!

Thanks so much!
Kenny

(Note : while writing this message my left forearm is realllly starting to hurt and burn, even if i know it's TMS, it's still happening..)

TMS is Real, trust me, there is hope!

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  14:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes sounds like tms. You have to cue your mind to the shoulder being tms as well to be able to fix it. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  07:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had "C-6/C-7 pinched nerve", been threatened by neurologists with surgery if I didn't undue my wrong-full ways, as well as "frozen shoulder" several more times. Each time I was able to totally aleviate them through TMS methods taking from several weeks to several days--with the confidence gained by TMS Knowledge Penicillin, it disappears faster each time, I swim, play tennis and track cars.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Edited by - tennis tom on 02/06/2015 07:58:42
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  08:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If its chronic pain and has been there more than six weeks without improvement and you have been excluded to have a tumor or fracture/dislocation (usually by Xray), I think that usually fits the TMS model. Just because something is hard to cure with the TMS model doesnt mean its not TMS.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000