TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Time to take chronic fatigue seriously
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2015 :  06:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/time-to-take-chronic-fatigue-seriously/article23023462/

Birdie78

Germany
145 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  02:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a real mind body disorder...one of the most severe forms of TMS I'd suggest. Once again: for interest in this topic have a look at amygdala retraining by Ashok Gupta. Fits into the TMS concept perfectly even if TMS isn't mentioned by itself.

Kind regards from Germany sends Birdie
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2015 :  14:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes and yes.

My main version of TMS has been "CFS," and I always think I'm just imagining it, until it comes over me again and I am literally disabled, sometimes for weeks.

It is pretty meaningless to try to do a knowledge cure or get in touch with underlying rage when you are sleeping all day. This is no joke, and unless you have actually experienced it, be careful not to make clever pronouncements, ye TMS knowitalls!

having said which, it's TMS, in the most difficult and complex form, it seems to me.

And yes, I took the Gupta training, and I found it to be excellent. In fact, in many ways I found it more useful than the Sarno approach, in the sense that it's very practical. But even then, when I'm that tired, I can barely keep my life going and have no extra energy for processing.

It did drive home the way these conditions get caused by mental/somatic/emotional loops that once set in motion run on their own. And the first step in Gupta is STOP!

Don't have any big answers here - my back and tooth and other problems have radically changed with Sarno but my fatigue not.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Rile84

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2015 :  01:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing the link, gonna read it later.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000