TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Relapse - could use some help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  14:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I've posted. I am desperate so want to ask for your help. I overcame all my back issues in 2005 and since have also overcome urinary issues and some other neck and shoulder stuff. Two weeks ago out of nowhere I was having pain walking down stairs. I immediately figured it's the TMS gremlin visiting me and didn't pay it much attention. It persisted so I tried Tylenol, Aleve and then Motrin to take the edge off while I work through it. My primary care doc of course being structurally trained said it's runner's knee (I hardly run anymore). It's been getting worse by the day. Nothing is working to take the pain down a notch and I have a lot of trouble weight bearing on the right knee and the whole calf feels tight. I saw my TMS doctor today and he took an xray to rule out a fracture. My xrays were perfect for a 49 year old active woman. He said try to treat it as TMS because his exam didn't seem compelling enough to order an MRI to suggest a tear or anything serious. He said give it a month and if by then it still hurts like hell maybe he'd order an MRI but he said go about your life best you can and try to treat it as you did your back pain years ago. I know I am in fear because everytime I see a set of stairs I fear the pain, however I tell myself: screw you brain, I'm going down these steps and I wince and go down one step at a time. It's extremely painful. I'm not looking for sympathy, just any helpful tidbits that may work better for me. I am pondering all the things that are troubling me, and there are many small, childish ID things I can come up with but nothing major set this off. It's likely something stupid I'm just not accessing. Any ideas I can try? Thanks.
Mary in Boston

Edited by - marytabby on 06/03/2015 14:33:32

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  01:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the better help. Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=766TMBdajUA

Go to Top of Page

Scottydog

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  01:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and there are many small, childish ID things I can come up

These are usually the causes ime.

Petty issues that you, as a mature adult don't want to be seen as fretting about.

It spoils the image you have of yourself as a capable, intelligent being.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000