TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Fractured shoulder, TMS setting in?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2015 :  16:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear friends, it has been awhile. May 22nd, 5 wks ago i fell and fractured my humerous (shoulder)..1st set of X rays and 3rd set doctor said surgery was not necessary..2nd set he wasn't as sure. Just had more X rays today and see him tomorrow. Have had to wear a sling and sleep sitting up..as well as needing help w/ everything. On my bday June 18th my friends cat got out and my dog went after it..Not sure if i unconsciously moved my arm..but i did start to run after the dog. I felt pain under the collar bone, next to arm pit (where i think the rotator cuff is)..later and still have intermittent intense pain in shoulder and the outside of upper arm, in the middle. Doctor said bumps in the car wouldn't hurt my bone after seeing the X rays at 3wks. He said i would have to fall again..So i am praying the little jog in the house didn't dislodge the bone. STRESS definitely aggravates the pain right away..I am moving back to NJ where i have Medicaid. Have lived in Florida since Feb and nothing went right. too much to type w. one over worked wrist..botton line moving, losses, money issues, even my dog had a bad reaction to Sentinel. Great gig fell thru,bad roommates and had to move several times couch surfing,,etc ad nauseum. Could this horrible pain be TMS setting in?? Please help///i am losing it.

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2015 :  21:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karen - I had a separated shoulder a long time ago, I went to emergency, they gave me a sling and Tylenol 3s and said I would be in pain for a few weeks. The doctor was right, there was no position that was comfortable. Maybe you just need to rest and recover. I hope you are better soon.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2015 :  05:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Al..:) hoping the increase in pain is benign..
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2015 :  09:14:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
53 reads and one response. This forum is not what it used to be. :(
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2015 :  21:15:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again - I remembered one thing that helped once the swelling and severe pain was gone. I went to the gym and did light shoulder press on a machine. It felt like my joint was pushed together, and slowly increased the strength. My injury may have been much different than yours, just wanted to mention.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  20:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your kindness, encouragement and suggestion, Al..:) I moved back to NJ to a temporary place that i hope could turn into longer term. Pain is still intense, esp after 17 hrs in a car..Want the broken shoulder to heal right w/ PT..hoping tms doesn't set in!
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  07:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Its been so busy and since this forum is not very active, dont take it personal that not too many people respond. Actually it sheds some light to me that you are very sensitive, which Im sure is contributing to your tms. Being aware is the first step.

Also yes, real injuries hurt and heal in response to the same factors as tms. So treat it like tms and it will heal faster, Also long as youve been checked out for fx and it doesnt need surgery and as long as you can lift your arm above your head then you should be good to go.

Edited by - Ace1 on 07/08/2015 07:38:22
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  15:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ace :) definitely can't lift my hand above my head yet..its been 5 wks since the shoulder break..PT starts on the 14th..Pretty scared about that cuz everyone's saying how painful it will be :(
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2015 :  05:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it that you can't lift your arm above your head bc of pain or is it bc you just physically can't bc your arm will not respond?
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2015 :  13:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Singer_Artist

..Pretty scared about that cuz everyone's saying how painful it will be :(

Ignore them, they are loading you up with NOCEBOS. Nine out of ten people don't know what they are talking about--maybe more like 99 out of 100--take it with a grain of salt.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000