TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Swollen knee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2015 :  14:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I posted a week or so ago about a very sore knee upon walking down stairs. I went to my TMS doc and he took an xray and the bones are great. NO concerns on the xray. He said it's worth trying the TMS approach, but he also is not a TMS purist. He's a physiatrist with TMS training under Sarno and uses both structural and TMS approaches depending on the patient's situation.
With me he initially said try the TMS approach and use some Aleve, Motrin or Tylenol to take the edge off. None of it is touching the discomfort which is odd. Also, now the knee is swollen and so I called him. He said it may be a mild structural issue but don't go getting an MRI. Just give it some time. What's the thinking about TMS and swelling? Thanks.

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2015 :  16:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is anyone out there?

Edited by - marytabby on 06/12/2015 16:46:59
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2015 :  21:02:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - I had swollen knees, I thought from running, but was tms.
The pain travelled around my legs and back for a long time before
I realized what it was.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2015 :  07:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes any physical condition can be tms as the basic cause. After your checked out that there is nothing serious going on, you can proceed with tms treatment
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2015 :  08:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

Yes any physical condition can be tms as the basic cause. After your checked out that there is nothing serious going on, you can proceed with tms treatment

When I had TMS, my hands were always swollen, due to bad/restricted blood circulation to the "affectd" área. Swollen is due the lymphatic system not doing what it should, due to TMS/fear of moving the extremety.

If I continue to reply at this rythm I would get 5 stars like Ace1 ;)I Know it is difficult by I sure gonna try...

Edited by - filipe on 06/13/2015 08:54:06
Go to Top of Page

JackieC

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2015 :  08:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary

I have been looking up posts by Baseball65 and I recall him talking about a knee issue that occurred years after his back troubles went away. He thought he had a real injury because of the swelling, but it disappeared too after he approached it as TMS.
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2015 :  12:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, all! I appreciate the replies. In all my TMS dealings, I had never seen swelling before. Glad to hear it's not out of the realm. Mary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000