TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS therapist
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dconley

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2015 :  06:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am posting for two reasons. First, I had 20 years of non stop TMS symptoms that included every possible manifestation of this syndrome. And I recovered. But it took time. I went to see Sarno in NYC, attended his seminar, and still didn't get better. I saw Dr. Sopher in New Hampshire and still didn't get better. I took medications, spent thousands on physical therapy, acupuncture, massage therapy, and god knows what else. How did I finally get better? I truly made a decision that I had TMS and only TMS. That meant I had to tolerate continuing to have symptoms for quite a while, and at the same time telling my brain that I was not going to be intimidated. If my feet hurt, I wore my most uncomfortable shoes. If I associated riding a bike with pain, I rode a bike. I stopped the heating pads, meds, ice packs, etc. I continued to have pain but kept telling my brain I wasn't going to take it anymore. I started to see results when my pain started moving around. I laughed at it. Eventually I became pain free. It's not that I don't get TMS symptoms now - it's just that I can get rid of them within a few days. I also wanted to post that I am a TMS therapist practicing in Lexington, Mass. My email is debbyconley@gmail.com. I see people for short term work, and I focus on deprogramming the TMS patterns. My experience is that people (including myself for many years) get stuck when they think the pain should leave sooner rather than later. It takes a while, it really does, for most people. Never give up hope. I was told I would be in pain for the rest of my life. I play tennis, ski, ride a bike, and enjoy life to the fullest.

Deborah Conley

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2015 :  08:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great and inspirational post Deborah!!! Please PM/email Dave the mod here to put you on the list of TMS practitioners and also Forest over at the TMS Wiki. People are always asking for referrals Do you do phone and skype for those who are out of your area?
Go to Top of Page

dconley

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2015 :  18:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I would!

Deborah Conley
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2015 :  13:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote