TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Knee is "catching" or dislocating on itself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2015 :  13:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
I am proceeding to treat my latest knee swelling and pain with TMS approach. My TMS doc was kind of vague with me so I have to take a leap of faith and go with TMS. Has anyone had a joint feel like it's catching or getting locked up or hung up on itself? I am not avoiding moving my knee at all. I am keeping it moving and doing the TMS work. What's new for me is this feeling like my knee is catching on itself like in the joint or ligament. So if I go to pivot on the leg to turn around, the inner knee joint catches on itself almost like a minor dislocation that happens and then re-sets itself. It happens a lot. Any input appreciated so I can carry on with my TMS approach. Thanks!

Edited by - marytabby on 06/24/2015 13:59:10

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2015 :  21:27:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had things like that happen while running, but limped along until it went away. Have you had any ligament tears or dislocation before?
Go to Top of Page

theohiostateq

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  11:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marytabby

Hi guys,
I am proceeding to treat my latest knee swelling and pain with TMS approach. My TMS doc was kind of vague with me so I have to take a leap of faith and go with TMS. Has anyone had a joint feel like it's catching or getting locked up or hung up on itself? I am not avoiding moving my knee at all. I am keeping it moving and doing the TMS work. What's new for me is this feeling like my knee is catching on itself like in the joint or ligament. So if I go to pivot on the leg to turn around, the inner knee joint catches on itself almost like a minor dislocation that happens and then re-sets itself. It happens a lot. Any input appreciated so I can carry on with my TMS approach. Thanks!

I had this problem about a year ago. It would feel like my leg was giving away. I basically thought it might be tms and purposely ignored it.

It went away.
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2015 :  09:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Al, no ligament tears or anything. I am not a huge runner, either. I walk/run about 2.5 miles a few times a week. Just a half hour of cardio. Been doing that routine for like 15 years now. I have swelling on the knee as well. I talked to Dr. Sopher on the phone since I posted that question and he said treat it as TMS.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000