TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 what should be ruled out?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wilcox2969

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  14:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting tested for lyme, RA, and lupus. What else should I consider before attempting to call this a tms issue? I have very debilitating lower back pain that actually gets worse with activity which, from what I understand is contradictory to what Sarno writes....or am I wrong on that?

AW.

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  21:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Did you get this question answered? I didn't quite understand what you meant? Were you asking if your pain shouldn't increase with increased activity, per Sarno, et al?

The RA and lupus lyme questions are separate ones.

Go to Top of Page

wilcox2969

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  16:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My question is, Sarno says in his book that if it is true tms, then you should be able to do activities and to slowly increase them because there is really nothing wrong with your body. But if it's an internal problem like an auto immune disease, then it's not tms. So I am asking, outside of Lyme RA and Lupus, what else should I look into? I want to make sure I cross off all other possibilities before calling this tms.

AW.
Go to Top of Page

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  16:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is true that TMS is a diagnosis of exclusion. But I'm not sure you can rule out everything that can cause back pain.

The lymes dilemma comes from Dr. Sarno noting that people carried the lyme titer but noted that it wasn't causing their pain. The presence of the antibody made their doctors conclude that lyme was causing their pain, but it wasn't.

I've seen people heal from RA even though the docs argue among themselves whether it's a mindbody effect. Anything where the body attacks itself appears to be related to deeply repressed emotions. Gabor Mate did a nice job of piecing that together like Dr. Sarno did with pain.

So you can test yourself into oblivion seeking answers but you can also look at your life right now. What's going on? Not only is the TMS diagnosis one of exclusion but it also includes a self-history lesson.

As far as increased pain with increased physical activity, that doesn't imply its not TMS. And it doesn't go against Dr. Sarno's findings. It just means your deeper self is still resisting. Physical activity is not a panacea, it's a beginning.

Good luck
SteveO
Go to Top of Page

wilcox2969

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2016 :  16:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve O, are you a doctor?

AW.
Go to Top of Page

wilcox2969

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2016 :  16:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You said you've been seeing people for 16 years...

AW.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  10:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://steveozanich.com/

Steve Ozanich
"TMS Whisperer"
TMS Consulting
The Mindbody Spirit Consultant
There is great wisdom and clarity here. I highly recommend this book and its message
Christiane Northrup, MD

Welcome to the Website of Steven Ray Ozanich

Mindbody Health Consultant • Author • Researcher • Lecturer

"I recommend this book ..." - John E. Sarno, MD

This site is designed to help sufferers see more clearly along their healing journey, to free them from the darkness of suffering. The main objective is to educate people about TMS, The Mindbody Syndrome, and to teach them how to heal themselves. I'm not a healer. The healing must come from within; the work must be done by the individual. But I can help.

I healed from 30 years of pain, and many other health problems. I then spent 10 years researching and writing my first book, The Great Pain Deception in order to explain the process, to help others. Since it was published I've received emails, calls, and letters from several thousand people who have healed and have greatly benefited from it. I've also personally worked with hundreds of people, and have had such great success that I wrote a second book called Back Pain: Myths, Lies, and Confusion.

The healing work is founded upon the pioneering career of John E. Sarno, MD, who changed the world with his seminal observations on pain, and overall health. Every day people are getting operated on needlessly for back pain, knee pain, hip pain, shoulder, arm, hand and foot pain-using unnecessary medical procedures. In fact, the notion that our bodies are failing is actually the main problem, and keeping us in suffering. The body is strong; it is rarely the problem in pain and illness.

Routinely, we are inundated with myths such as back discs that can somehow slip in and out of place, herniated spinal discs that mysteriously press on spinal nerves, and “partial tears” and osteo-arthritis as the causes of shoulder knee and ankle pain. We now know from Dr. Sarno's astronomical success that these are antiquated concepts, and that surgery, physical therapy, injections, acupuncture, spinal manipulations, and all therapeutic measures are rarely, if ever, needed for healing. These healing techniques are the causes of most of the prolonged problems, and any benefits from utilizing these methods have been shown to be placebos in most cases.

I invite you to open your mind and to allow yourself to be changed. Healing comes from gathering knowledge and deepening awareness, not from medical science or outside intervention into the body. Medical science is good. It has saved the lives and improved the quality of life for millions of people. However, paradoxically, it has created more epidemics by focusing on the body rather than on the real cause which is unfelt, unconscious emotions.

The aphorism states; “Treat the person, not the disease.” Medical practitioners have strayed from treating people and have turned toward treating only their symptoms. 400 years BC the Greek physician Hippocrates proclaimed “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” Indeed, this notion still holds true but got lost in science; within the hubris that bodies can always be engineered back into good health. Personality is the most important cause in suffering and imbalance.

It's not about healing the body. It's about discovering the need for the symptoms, and then freeing the body from the mind's purpose.

Good luck. I would enjoy hearing from you, especially after you've healed!

Join My Mailing List
First Name
Last Name
Email Address
Submit

VIEW THE WALL OF VICTORY

The Great Pain Deception

Are you in pain? Fatigued? Anxious and Depressed?...there is hope.

Or click below to buy on Amazon

Steve Ozanich

Follow Me

TESTIMONIALS
I cannot praise Steve enough for the words he wrote 3 years ago when he suggested to me to simply allow my pain—that it would somehow help melt my ego in the TMS healing process. Those words connected deeply with me, and it was the final stone that pulled all the TMS material together for me. It healed me from my back pain. I hope his book will help many people to heal as his words helped me then.

READ MORE - CLICK HERE
Steve Ozanich
CONTACT INFORMATION
Silver Cord, Records, Inc.
PO Box 8513
Warren, OH 44484

Email: Click Here

MAILING LIST

First Name

Last Name

Email Address

Submit
Copyright © 2007 - 2016 Steve Ozanich :|: Designed by: Clear Choice Creative

http://steveozanich.com/

Edited by - tennis tom on 02/25/2016 14:51:56
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2016 :  12:51:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are looking for a doctor, there are zillions of them out there. We come here because most doctors haven’t been able to help us. SteveO, as Tom pointed out above, is the author of a spectacular book, endorsed by Dr. Sarno, on the subject of TMS, which is the subject of this website.

The question of when and if to consult a doctor, or rule things out, is an extremely complex one, because what we are calling here “TMS” or MindBody syndrome, can actually be extended, by definition, to include all illnesses. Wha-a-a-a-t? What’s she saying? Is she a doctor?

I’m someone with a 30+ year history of TMS, who has also from time to time manifested some illnesses with names that are impressive and scary. Like the “C” word (not commitment!). And, although I had surgery, I almost wish I hadn’t, because I was treating it as unreal, and when the organ was removed, there was no “C” in it, despite the prior biopsy.

Health is a dynamic process, a moving target, and the diagnosis someone gave you yesterday may have changed because you worked something out in a dream last night. Or finally let go, because the diagnosis allowed you to stop worrying about unknowns. It’s complicated.

As far as Lymes and the other things you mentioned, those diagnoses can be like rabbit holes that get you nowhere, and in fact, you may get worse, because the deep anxiety/rage now has a whole slew of symptoms around which to convene. Diagnoses deeply believed in tend to prove themselves.

And... the usual disclaimer, blah blah. I’m not a doctor, either. I’ve been working with people with TMS (including myself) for more than 10 years — many of them have recovered better than I have ;-)

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2016 :  19:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

And... the usual disclaimer, blah blah. I’m not a doctor, either. I’ve been working with people with TMS (including myself) for more than 10 years — many of them have recovered better than I have ;-)

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Hi Katie, at the risk of appearing (p)sycophantish, GREAT POST! Have you ever thought of writing?

"— many of them have recovered better than I have ;-) Ain't that the truth--who heals the healer?

Good luck with the TMS coaching, there sure aren't many in our area. Just in case anyone is looking I'll give your website a little plug:

[http://www.iwavenow.org/

Edited by - tennis tom on 02/25/2016 19:43:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000