TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Levator Ani Syndrome - TMS after STD?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eyeopeningepisode

4 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2016 :  11:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, well here is yet another Levator Ani, possibly being TMS..post. I initially thought it was prostatitis or pelvic pain syndrome, but i'm thinking now I have Levator Ani/TMS because all I really ever feel is a golf ball feeling in the rectum, left side. This happened to me after catching Chlamydia and the shock of it caused me to tense up. All my urologist urinalysis came back clean.
I posted on the prostatitis.0rg forum and here is my story below.

starts here=====
Howdy guys, new to the forum and I am glad i found it. Been suffering a few months from this horrible condition and I feel I am almost over it but hopefully you guys can help to make a full recovery with your suggestions/feedback. It's a long story but I am posting it all so that you guys can have the complete picture. Please be patient and thanks in advance. I have posted on medhelp and got no real help and also paid to post a question to dr. hunter handsfield on the american sexual health site and I will post his reply to me later, but first....

Here is my scenario:

I had a risky, outside the marriage encounter in late april (unprotected vaginal sex for 1 minute, no ejaculation with an also married girl i have known for a while), started feeling symptoms in mid-late may (slight clear discharge, urethra itching, frequent urination). In June I felt pain in the perenium/rectum and I finally went to see a dr. I had self medicated and taken flagyl thinking I probably had trichomonas due to the clear discharge......but when I didn't get better, I went in to see the dr. on Saturday june 6th. I had a swab done that day and got a shot of rocephin and prescribed cipro for 10 days. I started taking them but didn't feel too much better. This is usually taken to kill Gonorrhea.

Finally Thursday june 11th my lab results came back as positive for chlamydia and I was given 1 gram azithromycin. I instantly started feeling better within the next day or two and all symptoms disappeared within a day or two. 2 weeks after this, I felt that rectum fullness/pain, but no discharge or urethra itching. I went back to the dr. and was put on doxy for 10 days. He said it could be residual, like maybe the 1g azithromycin wasn't enough. After this course of doxy, I felt good. No rectal pain, no more symptoms. I thought I was in the clear. 2 weeks after finishing my doxy....had to return to the dr. because I started feeling that pain down there.

Its hard to pinpoint if its the perenium or rectum. Its as if it alternates. Sometimes I feel my anus puckering, sometimes it feels more in there. Both times I had seen my dr. he did a DRE and said my prostate felt a bit inflamed but basically told me that the medicines should clear that up. I did not feel intense pain when he pressed on the prostate, but did feel some pain. The final time I went to see him he told me it still felt a bit inflamed (prostatitis) and prescribed me cipro for a month which I started taking.

A few days after seeing my GP the final time, I went in to see a urologist, had urine analysis done, prostate exam (DRE), and told him my story. He said my urine was clean, the prostate felt normal and he didn't think there was any infection. He said that we could treat it, or stop thinking about it and keep busy and that my "symptoms" (mostly discomfort/fullness in rectum) would go away. He then said, lets just keep you on your dr's prescription of cipro for a month and next month we can do doxy for a month. (Finished cipro and the doxy since then.)

This was about August when I was taking the Cipro and I would feel good for a few days and then suddenly feel that fullness, as well as some tingle on the penis, itchy scrotum and itcy around the buttocks. Guys who I know that had chlamydia tell me its just the healing process, it could take a few months but that everyday you wake up and don't see discharge and your penis looks good again, not sick, you will get confidence. I agree with that but what about the rectal fullness, the perineum dull ache? This has got to be an infection in the prostate.

Is it possible for Chlamydia to get into the prostate and would these medicines have killed it? I am wondering if my symptoms are psychosomatic as is with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome? I have read some horrible stuff where people claim they got info somewhere that sometimes chlamydia gets into the prostate and you are a carrier of chlamydia for life. Is this possible? I have also read tons of postings from doc Handsfield and Dr. Hook, where they always state that there has never been any proof that chlamydia is a cause of prostatitis. Some of those were old posts and some fairly recent. I asked Dr. Handsfield if this is still the case and he said yes. There has never been research proof that chlamydia is found in the prostate. (I recently found some studies on the NIH site that says that prostate secretions do in fact show chlamydia) I did not request a 3 glass study to culture for bacteria at the urologist, is this something that would work to find chlamydia if it is capable of getting to the prostate? I feel as If I waited too long to get to the dr. and this bacteria did make it to my prostate. But then again, why don't Asymptomatic carriers get sick if they could have it longer than I did and not even know it?

Do you honestly believe after 1 shot of rocephin and 5 days cipro, 1 gram azithromycin, 10 days doxycycline, 30 days ciproflaxcin, and 30 days of doxycycline, that any chlamydia could still exist in me? I am married and I want to believe myself that I am clear of infection and that so is my wife (she took 1.5grams azithromycin as well as 7 days doxycycline when I was initially diagnosed with Chlamydia. Do you think this is a case of CPPS, where I had a regrettable encounter that lead to infection and it's been cleared but now I am scared of something hiding in my prostate and causing me to infect my wife? I read where some guys were in my exact situation and docs told them to resume having unprotected sex with their wives and that once they see that their partners don't get infected, the symptoms (chronic pelvic pain/prostatitis) would slowly fade away. Do you guys believe this to be the case with me? I resumed unprotected sex with my wife and she has not gotten sick (unless she is asymptomatic, she hasn't tested).

Since finishing the 30 day course of doxy, The only thing I really feel right now is an ache in the rectum, like if my anus is puckering. I have been told its hemorrhoids, I have been told its the prostate still enlarged/inflammed but it will go away. I went back at the beggining of october to the urologist, after finishing my doxy in late september because I stll feel that rectum/fullness pain. and he said i should have no infection and told me to take rapaflo. I told him I do not have any urinating symptoms. I have had no trouble starting or urgency or waking up at night several times, etc.. He gave me a months supply and I am supposed to go back this thursday. I didn't start taking the rapaflo till about 2 weeks ago. Lately I have felt pretty good, the rectum fullness is almost completely gone, but on some days I will feel it more. I hadn't felt my penis tip sensitive in a long while till about 2 days ago. So I don't know if something is still going on with the prostate or the rapaflo is helping/hurting? Its just hard to pinpoint. I hardly ever have urinary symptoms. a day or two i might pee more than usual, but for the most part my symptom is the rectum fullness pain.

Could this rectum pain just be tight pelvic floor muscles? What do you guys think? Should i ask for a prostate secretion test to check for chlamydia. I don't really think it could be the pelvic floor. I think chlamydia could very well be in the prostate. All the while taking the antibiotics, I was taking florastor probiotic so I don't really think it's yeast, although my semen has always smelled like dough, not sure this is normal.

Thanks for your time and input guys.

Story/Post at prostatitis.0rg forum ends here.

So there is my long, but detailed story. What I feel now is a dull ache or something up my anus/rectum. It isn't real bad, but still, it's there and it has me thinking all day long. I went to a colorectal suregeon about a month ago and he said it's my levator ani muscles, tight. He gave me muscle relaxers which I stopped taking due to it causing me erectile dysfunction and making my anxieties run wild due to that. And said if I wasn't better next time I saw him, he could inject the muscles with botox to break the spasm. I have been walking, because it helps with my anxiety to get that energy out, and had also been stretching using the HEAL PELVIC PAIN book. I know this is against the TMS protocol but I am just wanting to see what you guys think. is this TMS causing me the levator ani syndrome....or is this pelvic floor dysfunction? I don't have urinary symptoms, ejaculation symptoms, erectile symptoms, pains in the testicles..etc...as is with prostatitis or pelvic floor. I know levator ani can also be considered pelvic floor, but what do you all think? What should I do next to eliminate pelvic floor dysfunction and be diagnosed as TMS? Thanks all.

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2016 :  13:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think usually the cure rate for chlamdia is very high. It sounds like tms related to your marriage and the guilt and fear of getting caught in your sexual indiscretions. Anyone put in that scenerio would have a hyped nervous system. Don't set yourself up for failure. Try to resolve these issues and I think your symptoms will disappear.
Go to Top of Page

eyeopeningepisode

4 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2016 :  14:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

I think usually the cure rate for chlamdia is very high. It sounds like tms related to your marriage and the guilt and fear of getting caught in your sexual indiscretions. Anyone put in that scenerio would have a hyped nervous system. Don't set yourself up for failure. Try to resolve these issues and I think your symptoms will disappear.

Ace...this happened months ago. I got treated and so did she. I took std tests for hiv..and herpes to rule those out 12 weeks after the risky encounter. Those were negative and im told this time frame are highly accurate for both. Never had any rashes or blisters. Havent been sick at all in forever. The only thing i feel is the rectal pressure/discomfort. I am unsure what i can do to stop thinking about this or to make this go away. Like another guy on here put in his levator ani post....passing gas or putting a finger in the bum provides relief. The thought of being like this forever consumes me and i guess thats what triggers the discomfort. I sleep well thru the night. And when i am really busy i dont really feel anything. Ive gone thru 3 week periods of hardly to no feeling of anything and then suddenly..3 or 4 days of discomfort. Any suggestions what I can do to help my situation. I know i deserve what i got but i learned my lesson and i just want to get passed this and move on.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  20:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But your answer is focusing more on the physical than the psychological. My only point is that the guilt and fear of the situation is probable perpetuating your symptoms. The obvious problems of your marriage must be resolved for you to heal. If you are living in fear of discovery or loveless marriage you will always feel conflicted and you will never heal. Once you have done that I think your symptoms will fade as long as you don't think about them or fear them.
Go to Top of Page

eyeopeningepisode

4 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  22:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

But your answer is focusing more on the physical than the psychological. My only point is that the guilt and fear of the situation is probable perpetuating your symptoms. The obvious problems of your marriage must be resolved for you to heal. If you are living in fear of discovery or loveless marriage you will always feel conflicted and you will never heal. Once you have done that I think your symptoms will fade as long as you don't think about them or fear them.

Thanks for the reply Ace. I have not messed around anymore and do not intend to do so. It was one time..and it was enough to get me in trouble. I feel i am free of any diseases and do believe this is TMS. I am not sure how to fight this levator ani..golf ball feeling. I sometimes take deep breaths and tell myself its nothing..i dont fear it and i can sometimes make it go away and then i will feel pain in my lower back. Then i do the same for that..and it will move behind my left ear. Finally i breathe and tell it to leave me alone and it will be gone. I have gone weeks without any symptoms and then suddenly get hit with a hard spasm. That sets me back and i start thinking i will never make a full recovery. It is this that i have trouble moving on from. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  10:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I agree with Ace1 AND he's a doctor. All your labs have come back normal, modern medicine is great at DX'ing disease and also finding normal anomalies, that are TMS dis-ease and labeling them as structural (gray hair of the spine). From perusing your post, you may be one of the foremost experts on the planet about your ailment--you've become OCD about it--that's the TMS distraction part.

If you're new to TMS, read the books and infuse your brain with Dr. Sarno's KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN. Give it time to sink into your subconscious.

Have you confessed to your wife about your one minute affair? You're not the first guy to f-up--Boris Becker screwed up royally in a restaurant bathroom once and had to pay child-support--life is not fair. Moral of the story: wear a condom with newbees.

Judging by what you've written and ALL the doctors who say you're OK, and since this is the TMS Help site, I would guess that the pain in your butt is TMS--but I'm not a white-coat only a tennis player.

G'luck and follow your doctors' advices. It sounds like your sub-conscious is punishing you--all that id, ego and super-ego stuff.

Also I'd recommend reading Steven Ray Ozanich's great TMS tome "THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION", it's a textbook of applied psychology, keep it in your mental medicine cabinet.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Edited by - tennis tom on 03/07/2016 07:31:03
Go to Top of Page

eyeopeningepisode

4 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  15:29:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every morning i wake up and i think
..am i going to feel the discomfort again? Or not? I guess this is the ocd in me. Another thing...like another guy posted on his levator ani post...when he is asleep or drunk he never felt anything....same for me. When i am asleep i never feel anything. Its after i wake up that i will start to feel this discomfort. But even though it really isnt painful, it is very distracting and is on my mind constantly. I could get busy and i will stop feeling it a bit and then it will come back after a while.

I never told my wife anything. Ive always thought that maybe by me telling her..i will instantly let go of the tension. But i know i will have a much worse problem after that. She will not forgive and forget. At the same time, i feel i have moved on from my mistake and i don't feel it is the reason i am in this position. I just cant figure out what it is that has me this way. I guess the shock of the std put me in guard mode and i cant seem to unguard even though i am healthy now. I am finding it hard to let go..or stop thinking of the golf ball feeling.

To begin with..going on the internet and reading about prostatitis and cpps etc..was a mistake. I actually registered for this site months ago but hadnt posted because i felt it was reminding me of my condition. I had bad days and got desparate and posted my topic. I want to rid of this forever....hopefully.

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  20:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's probably guilt, you may want to consider a few sessions with a TMS psychotherapist to talk through it. There are lists of them here and at the TMS Wiki. You can do them by phone of skype and they are as effective as in person.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  15:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I think it's guilt too, which is why I had said to you before that you should more think of the psychological than the physical. Typically cheating doesn't occur unless there are problems in your marriage in the first place. I don't know how to fix your problem , but maybe like tom said a psychologist could be helpful. I think you need read my keys to healing to help guide you. If you cannot let your guard down when your around the person you should be closest to, it will keep your nervous system activated.
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2016 :  06:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Omg this is like I'm reading my own story. Apart from the chlamydia bit. I have the exact same issue. I have had about a year without any problems but the last couple of days it has come back with a vengeance. It is definitely tms. My ass feels like it's gonna blow. It's all consuming but it's nothing dangerous. Read my old posts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000