TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dr. John Sarno's Top 10 Healing Discoveries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theohiostateq

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  06:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a new book, written by Steven Ozanich. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-John-Sarnos-Healing-Discoveries-ebook/dp/B01CO7AL46/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1458132296&sr=1-2&keywords=ozanich

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  06:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Just ordered a paper copy.
Go to Top of Page

Webdan65

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  08:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read it recently. It's actually quite good.

Dan

Edited by - Webdan65 on 04/25/2016 08:31:52
Go to Top of Page

Sam908

70 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  15:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm reading it now. A nice digest of Dr. Sarno's teachings, along with some new insights from Steve sprinkled throughout.
Go to Top of Page

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2016 :  14:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks "The"OSUq, Sam907+1, WebDan67-2, and the nonpareil TTom,

I wanted to explain to curious people the heart of Dr. Sarno's message in simpler terms. It can all appear as overwhelming to people just getting on board.

From what I've seen since the late 90s, those 10 concepts of his have had the most jarring impact on consciousness, and healing.

If anyone has others I would enjoy hearing them as well. I learn from everyone, and try to help as many as I can in the process.

Dr. Sarno said many things that have helped people, but I felt those 10 were most powerful. There are others though. I wasn't sure how he would react to my taking his life and condensing it down to a few pages. But he ended up really happy with it.

SteveO
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  10:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveO

...nonpareil TTom,

Hi SteveO,

Thanks for checking in here! I'm barreling through your latest micro-TMS tome. Bought it on Amazon, the paper version, kindle doesn't work well in the hot-tub reading room. I've had it for about two weeks and am already half way through to page 30--thanks to the Evelyn Woods speed reading course I took back in the 60's. Thanks for keeping the price low! I heard, (I think from you), that you wanted to give it away for free, but had to set a minimum price so the gov could tax it, so $2.99 cheap! I hope you don't get dinged here for book-mongering and profiteering. I'm buying twenty copies to pass out to those on the battlefield of chronic pain. How's the audio book coming? Your Sarno's "best 10" book is a great TMS booster and I'm feeling better with each little bite size chapter. Thanks for making me a "nonpareil", I love those! Now when I need some energy on the courts all I have to do is lick some white sprinkles off my arm or leg.

Cheers,
tOt, ls/mft

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Edited by - tennis tom on 04/29/2016 10:28:14
Go to Top of Page

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2016 :  10:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

TTom, have you tried dropping your kindle in the hot tub? It might help the hip. I'll start my audio again when this new book comes out this month.

Every day it's just as amazing to see how many are healing with Dr. Sarno's work. It seems endless. To anyone who feels they have failed, don't worry. You haven't failed. Your time just hasn't come yet, but it will when you no longer need your symptoms.

Healing is a matter of readiness, not failure.

SteveO
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2016 :  06:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SteveO, Don't have a kindle, still a Luddite and on an as need to know techno basis. This tech stuff is the new tower of Babel. Everyone around here is lined up for blocks to give Tesla thousand dollar deposits on their next luxo golf-cart. I'm doing my best to stay clear of the autonomous google cars--no computers never crash. There should be an app to let you know if an autonomous vehicle is anywhere within a mile of you so you can stay clear.

Plowing through your Sarno's perfect 10 book; hit p. 35 in the tub last night. If I drop your book in the tub I can dry it out in the microwave, under adult supervision, so I don't burn the house down; don't think I could do that with a wet kindle.

All the talk in the hot-tub was about decades of lyme's, years of treatments, new science fiction devices, costing thousands for month's of treatments. TMS knowledge would crash the local medical-industrial economy--docs would have to divest of second and third homes and downsize from BMW's to VW's.

Feeling better and stepping livelier with each page of your tiny-10-tome. Tossing away the Leki Micro walking stick, actually keeping it for self-defense from all the drugged-up criminals walking the streets these days. It's not worth it to be packing, if you shoot someone in self-defense, you'll wish you were dead instead, once the "law" is done with you. It's no country for good-Seamaritans anymore--you don't want to get Zimmermaned.

Cheers, peace/piece,
tt/ls/mft
Go to Top of Page

tmsjptc

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  19:19:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey SteveO, I haven't been on this site in months and just checked in to do a quick search on something. But, am glad I did and happened upon this posting. I didn't realize you had another book out. I really enjoyed the last one and also the two consults you've done for me. I seem to only find time for books on Audible nowadays so if you ever get it there I will be sure to buy it. I'm 4.5 years post learning about Sarno and TMS and unfortunately am one of those whose time just hasn't fully come yet. But, I have gotten relief from some symptoms and reduced the severity/frequency of my remaining symptoms - so I'm grateful for that. Tom
Go to Top of Page

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  22:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Tom, I remember you well, it's good to hear from you. I remember you were doing better after we spoke. Still a bit stuck? It can happen, but we need to get you all the way across the finish line. Contact me.

I'm working on my audio book but it's much harder than the paperback, way more work, no wonder they charge more for them.

I have a new book coming out in a couple weeks. After that I'll finish the audio over summer.

Write to me let's see if we can't move you forward.

SO
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000