TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Trying again after long break
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cath

116 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2016 :  04:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - I haven't posted here for a long time, but I'm back hoping to rediscover TMS healing. I decided to take a break, as although I had made a certain amount of progress, in that I had managed to abandon many of the strategies I had invented to help me with my daily chronic pain, the pain itself had not dissipated. The message simply hasn't gotten through to my subconscious. I began to believe that I was one of Dr Sarno's failures - a true sceptic, but I have seen his method work in others firsthand, so I know it can and does work.

I recently bought his "Healing Back Pain" on CD, hoping that a different method of "listening" to his words, rather than "reading" them would help. Praying that perhaps the message would get through subliminally, by having the CD playing in the background of my daily life. But I managed a week at the most, and life took over, and I kept forgetting to put the CD on.

I recently broke my ankle, and I've started physio. The pain of trying to walk again is aggravating my TMJ, Chronic Myofascial Pain, and Fibromyalgia (ok, I know it's all TMS). I find myself gritting my teeth every time I put the bad foot to the floor. Before the broken ankle, I was managing to get some relief from the pain by walking, but now I have become a "coach potato", and the pain is escalating. I am trying affirmations of "keep calm" and "relax" (single word mantras help me more than a complete sentence), but I am really struggling with my fears. I guess I am running out of patience and my anxiety is taking over.

How do I get the message through to my subconscious that there is really nothing wrong with the rest of me (apart from the obviously just healed bone, and the ligaments surrounding it)? I do believe that my body, although ageing, is perfectly sound, but the sensitivity to pain will not release - it's relentless. The nerves will not "unlearn" their current status of high alert however much I will them to.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000