TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Odd Situation - Groin Pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GTfan

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2016 :  11:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, so this a pretty odd situation I find myself in. I'm almost certain it's TMS, but I came back here for help confirming this.

So a little back story first. I've got the classic Type T personality. I realized all this about 3 years ago when I developed epididymotis in my left testicle. Long story short it became a chronic problem, tried everything under the sun until I stumbled upon this site which saved me from a life of misery. After the initial struggle of belief I convinced myself that my testicle/groin pain was a psychosomatic manifestation, and slowly but surely it simply went away.

I still had many other TMS symptoms I still struggle with off and on to this day, but it's so much better knowing that it's something I can control.

Anyways, so recently I decided to partake in something known as Penis Enlargement excerises. I did a lot of research, and had a strong forum community support. Long story short, I went way too hard the first day and developed some bad soreness down there. The forum says so big deal, just rest until it heals. Make sure to do it right and easy next time.

Nine days later and the soreness has decimated in my penis, but now I have a tingling nerve pain coupled with sharp pains. The feelings are constantly changing location and intensity. And ice come to realize that 1st times it's the exact same nerve pain I felt back when I had testicle/groin pain before!

I've almost 90 percent convinced myself Its TMS.
1) The pain differs and moves around.
2) The pain is similar at times to pain I proved was TMS before.
3) It is more intense when I'm in situations that bother me.
4) My other TMS symptoms such as TMJ are barely existent.
5) I just got a new job the same day that I decided to try this routine. (Three years ago my problem started right when I
got a new job as well).
6) I worry about it constantly, and have a hard time not dwelling on it all day.

All this also stems from psychological issues I have sexually and lack of confidence. Performance axiety kind of thing.

I'm almost certain whatever soreness I caused myself in my penis/groin area has healed. But my subconscious has found a convient way to hijack something and turn it into a TMS distraction. Stresses of a new job, talking to a new girl, sexual frustration all being things that my brain is trying to protect me from.

Anyways that's what I'm going through now. I just wanted help from some fellow TMS folks on convincing me this pain is psychosomatic.

The PE forum people keep telling me I'm fine and just give it more time to heal, but i feel like that may be opening up a window of sitting around feeling sorry for myself resting when I fact I'm not getting any better.

honeybear

10 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2016 :  13:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm reading Dr. James Alexander's book The Hidden Psychology of Pain and groin pain was his main symptom. He has a wonderful free audio available of a pain workshop on his website.

http://www.drjamesalexander-psychologist.com/training-workshops

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000