TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pain Free
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  14:38:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After almost 8 years of unberable pain and thoughts of sucide I thought the Sarno method was not going to work for me. It worked 16 years ago but not this time.
I visited Doctor after doctor and received all kinds of advice, therapy and epidural shots. Nothing worked. Finally I went to a chiropractor. I know you are rolling your eyes. Just wait. He examined my frozen pained body and said"there is nothing I can do for you. He sent me for an MRI and ex rays. I had had many before but continued to decline. The chiropractor handed me a business card of an Ortheopedic suregon. I made an appointment
I had severe arthritis in my hips. So severe I could no longer walk or stand
November replacemant number one, April replacement number two.
Today I am pain free and able to lead a normal life. It seem as if I have been reborn.
I believe that Dr. Sarno is correct. His method helped me before.
I am asking you to make sure, really sure where your pain is coming from. Don't suffer for years and do not tell anyone on this sight that you are sure it is TMS. You really don't know..
I have met some really nice people on this sight and have received some good advice.
Take care , be well and if this TMS method isn't working for you, explore other avenues.
Marsha

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  16:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marsha

I believe that Dr. Sarno is correct. His method helped me before.
I am asking you to make sure, really sure where your pain is coming from. Don't suffer for years and do not tell anyone on this sight that you are sure it is TMS. You really don't know..

Glad you are pain free Marsha and thanks for checking in with your advice. I can relate to it well since I've been told the same thing you have, "Get a hip replacement sooner then later" by two TMS docs in fact, that it's not TMS. That was about fifteen years ago. In fact Dr. Sarno writes about "the miracle of hip replacement surgery". No one I've seen comes to this site first, it's usually after being seen by many docs who have not found the source for their chronic pain that they stumble on TMS. I don't know of anyone at this site who tells anyone they know they have TMS for sure, it's impossible to DX over the internet. The site has boilerplate recommending seeing a doctor to rule out anything serious such as trauma, infection or disease. I know that's the first thing I tell anyone new here is to get a physician's work-up preferably from a TMS physician for an objective DX.

Marsha, I think we may have spoken over the phone, did you ever see any doctor's and what did they dx your hip-pain as? Did you ever have x-rays or MRI's of your hip and what did the radiological reports say?

Edited by - tennis tom on 08/29/2016 16:14:05
Go to Top of Page

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  16:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I did have MRI and ex rays . I brought the reports to Dr. Sarno when I first had what I thought was a relapse. He examined me and told me he thought it was much like my first experience. It was at the beginning of my severe pain cycle. Both he and I believed it was just a relapse since I was having a life crisis. As time went by after seeing 3 different anylatical therapists my pain got worse but my mental state improved greatly. Right now I am the most sane and mobile I have been in years.
I did see a neurologist ( do yoga she said ), general care physician gave me anti depressants and a handicaped sticker for my car, reumatologist ( couldn't help me)! Pain Doctor used me like a pin cushion. Chiropractor was the only one who looked and listened.
My pain wasn't in my hips it was in my legs and butt.
When I saw my ex rays I was astonished. My hip joint were invisible. So much arthritis, I was unable to cross my legs. Using a walker was just as painful. In the middle of the night I had to hold on to furniture and the walls to get to the bathroom.
Hip surgery isn't a walk in the park ( lol). Well worth it.
At 72 I feel like 30. My looks have improved and I have started shopping again. So far my husband hasn't complained about all the money I am spending . I think that will come soon.
I couLd never imagine the pain I was in. Now I can't even remember it.
Nice hearing from you.
Marsha
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  17:19:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marsha, thank you for filling in the gaps. Do you think Dr. Sarno got it wrong then, misreading the imaging? As I wrote, he did laud the advances of modern medicine mentioning hip-replacement surgery.
Go to Top of Page

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  21:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I do believe he got it wrong. But based on my previous experience with him along with my previous recovery it was easy to believe that I would improve.
Also, I never went back to him when my pain escalated.
It really doesn't matter anymore. I am fine. That is part of my past. I don't dwell on it.
I hope my experience will be helpful to others who believe in Sarno and aren't getting any better.
Tom, take care.
Thanks
Marsha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000