TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Levator ani syndrome obsession
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  07:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As many of you are aware I have my levator ani syndrome back again. I can't seem to stop googling and reading this forum. I feel I need to stop as this is fueling the fire. I'm even thinking about physical therapy again. I know it's made worse by constantly thinking about it. I guess I'm just constantly seeking reassurance

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2016 :  08:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alfaman147

... I'm even thinking about physical therapy again.

If it's TMS, doing PT is the wrong thing to be doing. Dr. Sarno stopped prescribing PT early on in his clinical research, because it focused on the structural rather then the emotional. The Good Doctor theorized that TMS was a PROTECTOR, a defense mechanism. It's function was to distract one from the emotional issues that the subconscious found to be painful to face. The subconscious creates TMS psychosomatic structural and affective symptoms for distraction. At this point it may be better to thank TMS for doing it's job providing protection.

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthuisam."
Sir Winston Churchill

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  09:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure it must be tms. I know it's psychological. An anxiety symptom. But my anxiety is caused by the pain. It's genuine fear. Afraid to be thinking of the pain and doing everything I can to not think about it. I felt a tiny twinge on holiday and instantly couldn't stop thinking about it. Maybe because I was away from home I was worried about having it. It's amazing that the brain can tense a muscle without you knowing it. I can feel it flutter, burn and ache.
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  09:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I need to stop looking on this forum. Surely it's just reinforcing the issue. I just can't stop thinking doom and gloom. I beat this once so surely I can do it again. I need to work the anxiety out. Need to excercise. Tom what was your tms issue???? Where did you have pain and what was it like
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  00:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...Tom what was your tms issue???? Where did you have pain and what was it like

Here's a little sample of a post here from over ten years ago: http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12

I'm a hippy, the issue was Barbara. If you care to learn more about me, I suggest you do a search, maybe putting in my name and hip.

Aren't you the Alfa mechanic, I have Fiat Abarth Cabrio, it's a fun ride, kinda' like the old "60's Mini-Cooper S. Have you worked on any of them?

Edited by - tennis tom on 08/28/2016 00:01:35
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  12:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just seem desperate to read about people with the exact same symptoms as me. I want to talk to them. It's ridiculous. It's like an obsession. As soon as I look on this forum or Google my symptoms it makes the pain worse. I can feel the muscle tension all around my tailbone and anus. Should I stop looking on this forum???
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  23:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just seem desperate to read about people with the exact same symptoms as me. I want to talk to them. It's ridiculous. It's like an obsession. As soon as I look on this forum or Google my symptoms it makes the pain worse. I can feel the muscle tension all around my tailbone and anus. Should I stop looking on this forum???

What TMS books have you read?
Have you searched here and at the Wiki for your symptom and success stories?
Have you read SteveO's book? I believe in it he mentions about OCD'ing at TMS forums.
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  03:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have flicked through Dr schubiners book. I have a copy but I'm almost reluctant to read it as it's just reminding me. I had this pain a bit last week but it almost went away but for some reason this week I just seem to be wallowing and getting depressed over it. I need to talk to someone about it but on the other hand I don't want to. Distraction is the key. I have to fight through it and carry on.
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  03:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the last few months I have been lowering my dose of sertraline from 200mg to 50mg but I'm going back up to 200mg again. I hope it will still be effective.
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  03:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And as for success stories all I seem to find are people still struggling with this issue. There was one dude that I want to speak to. The chap who had chlamydia and since then he seems to have the exact same problem as me. But I don't even know why I need to talk to him. Would it be helpful
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  09:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about skyping with one of Abigail Steidley's coaches I provided you the link for? They specialize in your TMS symptom.

https://mindbodycoachuniversity.com/find-mind-body-coach/

Edited by - tennis tom on 08/29/2016 09:16:58
Go to Top of Page

alfaman147

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  12:38:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feeling a bit better this afternoon. The pain is killing me but I went for a long walk with my girlfriend and my parents. My mood has lifted. I feel a bit more upbeat just the pain is bad. I think the trouble was I had cut down on my sertraline and I have upped the dose too quickly. Going to see my gp tomorrow to see what to do. Maybe put me on some new meds. I think I need to stop posting and try and move on through the rough times and the pain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000