TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Relapses...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2016 :  00:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

A question to all of you guys, is it possible to avoid relapses? Does anyone achieve this?

I'm having a major relapse. My wholle body hurts. I couldn't sleep last night :( But 5 days ago I was 200% cured. I mastered my emotions and my subconscious, until I met a girl, that had Parkinson.I got very disturbed, and tried to help her, and then I got into a spiral, of negatives, and doubty thoughts about my own "health problem", and affriaid that my pain would come back, wich it did... Unforunately I don't have nothing to blame this time, no physical trigger, except myself, and my own fears... It is somehw funny how this happened in such a short period...

Can you train the mindm effectively to avoid relapses? Or to erase pain completely from your subconcious? Does anyone did this?

Thanks

Edited by - filipe on 09/08/2016 00:59:44

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2016 :  08:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally understand why TMS won't go away this time. I'm in a deep fear of not sleeping again. Any advise you guys?

Edited by - filipe on 09/08/2016 08:49:16
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  21:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey filipe,

Your post was a while ago, but I thought I would reply just the same. I am having a challenge with sleep too, and LBP/anxiety/depression. Thanks for posting, here are some words.

Some folks read HBP or one of the other books, and are cured for life. For some reason, their brain gets it, the cure is automatic, and moves on, no problem.

For others (like us), a relapse can occur, but know this to the core that this is (normal), still success ! In our case it was not automatic, its manual, just need to do the work again. Why ? Because you got cured, not forever, but you did get better, and you _will_ again after doing the good work.

Fear is what TMS uses against you. Have no fear. Yes I know, how do you actually do that, have no fear ? What is fear ? Is it real ? Is the air real ? Is that air your breathing ? Maybe the sensation you feel in your lungs is not air moving in and out, may that's just a sensation that your mind plays back to you, to make you think the air is real. Maybe its the same with fear. Fear may not be real either. Its just a concept, in your mind, like the air. Question: Does that fear have any value to you ? Of course the answer is No, the fear has no value. So recognize the fear, and do not judge the fear, do no label the fear good or not good. Just acknowledge the fear, hold it in your hand, then discard the fear, let go of it, drop it. Keep at it, it takes some persistence.

Take care, -Stryder ///

Edited by - Stryder on 02/22/2017 21:25:16
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  10:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stryder

...I am having a challenge with sleep too, and LBP/anxiety/depression.

...In our case it was not automatic, its manual, just need to do the work again.

...Fear is what TMS uses against you. Have no fear.

...Fear may not be real either. Its just a concept, in your mind,...

...Just acknowledge the fear, hold it in your hand, then discard the fear, let go of it, drop it.

...keep at it, it takes some persistence.

Hi Stryder, nice to see your monicker here again giving support for those in chronic TMS pain. You make some excellent points in your post. I'm a car collector, and all my vehicles are "manuals" because I like to do some "work" while I drive to keep me from falling asleep--keeps the left leg toned up too pushing that clutch pedal. I only have one vehicle that's an "automatic" because they don't offer it with a stick--and my g.f. can drive me to the hospital in it if she ever needs to.

Regarding your LBP, anxiety and depression, they are all very likely TMS, as I'm sure you already know. The anxiety and depression are affective/emotional TMS equivalents as you probably know. Knowing that they are TMS is 80% of the battle. As Dr. Sarno says, they are a defense mechanism the sub-c is using trying to PROTECT us from emotional pain, until the conscious mind is ready to deal with it head-on.

Here's a link to an article about "SEGMENTED SLEEP" that I found very helpful dealing with the "fear" of "insomnia". As you said it's the fear that is the enemy, and not the reality. I now look forward to waking up from my first sleep to doing stuff rather then ruminating on the ceiling about fearful situations that haven't and probably won't happen. Hope the article help, it changed my entire view of sleep and, I'm now much more productive and happier with my new outlook on it. And, thanks for your kind words in your other post.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16964783

Cheers,
tt

Edited by - tennis tom on 02/23/2017 10:49:33
Go to Top of Page

Rose12

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  10:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To avoid relapses, you should:
1. Avoid tempting situations.
2. Develop a positive support network.
3. Create a healthy schedule.
4. Don’t get complacent.
5. Don’t view relapse as a failure.
Best regards,
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  07:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't had a relapse in years. If doing the TMS work is being 'awake' than every time I have a relapse it means I have 'fallen asleep' again. Asleep means NOT taking a regular inventory of my rage inducers, shame, dirty feelings ,etc.... Fear, resentment, relationship problems. We all have them. Since they aren't going away anytime soon, we need to keep an eye on them so to speak.

My original copy of HBP is so overwritten in hi-liter pen it is getting unitelligible. Each time a relapse happened I grabbed the book and started at page one again. I am amazingly redundant and boring in my petty angers and resentments....and submitting myself to this process is amazingly effective....over and over again.
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  09:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding insomnia, which has been a problem for me for over 40 years, I can highly recommend "Say Good Night to Insomnia" by Gregg Jacobs. Even if your sleep does not improve substantially (but it most likely will improve after implementing the recommendations within the book), you will learn to accept your insomnia, realize that it may not impair your performance as much as you would expect, and view your problem less catastrophically.
Go to Top of Page

MatthewNJ

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  14:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the most part, I have not had much in the way of sever relapses since 2008. the key is you have to do the work every day, even when you feel better.

Matthew
Less activated, more regulated and more resilient.
Ferretsx3@comcast.net

Organizer of TMSwiki.org/chat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000