TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Everything is not TMS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dave Posted - 11/15/2015 : 09:11:04
Given the heated debates recently I feel a need to remind the forum to be vigilant when diagnosing and treating medical conditions before jumping to any conclusions about the psychological aspect of the symptoms.

Dr. Sarno believes a wide range of conditions can be attributed to TMS. Still, the first step in his treatment program is always to rule out serious disease or illness.

To make a blanket statement like "all cancer is TMS" is short sighted and dangerous. The body is a complex machine and there are many possible causes. Do we really believe a young child who develops lymphoma is experiencing TMS?

Much of how the mind and body works, especially how they interact, remains a mystery. Pioneers like Dr. Sarno have taken a major step to suggest that psychological factors can cause physical symptoms and diseases. I hope this leads to more medical research and "proof" that he is right, and that his theory applies to many conditions. This will likely not happen in our lifetimes.

We owe a lot to Dr. Sarno for helping us cure a wide variety of symptoms. Nevertheless we still need to be careful. To re-iterate the most important part of this forum's policy:

You should not base any medical decision on material from this website. The Administrators and Moderators are not medical professionals. If you are experiencing chronic pain or other symptoms, you should seek treatment from a medical doctor. Diagnosis, treatment methods and other remedial steps can only be provided by a medical doctor.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 11/30/2015 : 12:53:00
Not EVERYTHING is TMS but a good deal of what ails wo/mankind is. According to Dr. Sarno, about 80% of what people are in the waiting room or ER for, IS TMS. There are obvious things that are not TMS and should be treated through allopathic structural medicine methods like a bone sticking out due to a compound fracture. Modern medicine has become really good at treating real things and performing modern miracles like heart transplants, and if you believe what you read on the internet, head transplants, but you'll have to go to some remote village in China for that and bring an accupuncturist.

Thanks to the Cartesians, (not the Kardashians), the HUGE role of the mind is not taken into account for chronic pain sufferers. Except, when the waiting room regulars are whispered about in the doc's reception office as being "mental", and given another pill to go away, and neutralize the effects of the previous pill.

So what we're left with is huge amounts of mis-dx'es, with the structuralists desperately searching for something "real" to hang their rx or pt's on--like the majority of lymes's, cf, fibro, and alzheimers--(they've made a dis-ease out of getting old).
andy64tms Posted - 11/27/2015 : 10:00:43
Hi Filipe,

“Let's face it... there are people here for whom "nothing is TMS"...”

I’d really like to face up to this and know who these people are, I’ve been here three years and never seen one? Please name them?

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
andy64tms Posted - 11/26/2015 : 13:33:21
Hi Filipe,

"For me it was impossible to attend a forum about something, like TMS, that I don't understand or that I'm totally against."

Then why are you here, you clearly don’t understand or accept that other people have differing opinions?

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
filipe Posted - 11/26/2015 : 04:15:04
Trolls Used by Big Pharma to Attack Vaccine Objectors:

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/internet-trolls-may-be-trained-government-agents-according-to-leaked-document/

"These trolls are also adept in creating fake personalities with fake email addresses so that they can continue to infiltrate those who publish the other side of the vaccine debate: - See more at: http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/internet-trolls-may-be-trained-government-agents-according-to-leaked-document/#sthash.3fPK6qgQ.dpuf"

(In this case, Trolls Used by Big Pharma to attack TMS... That's definitely the case here)

For me it was impossible to attend a forum about something, like TMS, that I don't understand or that I'm totally against... Let's face it... there are people here for whom "nothing is TMS"...
susan828 Posted - 11/25/2015 : 19:24:15
To Tom..my bloodwork was perfect before I discovered the cancer. Mine has a specific marker which was very elevated. I would not have known I had cancer from the bloodwork alone. I had pain, had a colonoscopy which was perfect, then went to gyn and had a sonogram and boom...there were the tumors.

I know that there are some cancers like leukemia that show up on bloodwork. You can of course google which ones do. I post this for the benefit of people who attribute everything to stress. Had I been more vigilant, I would have had the exams sooner and could have caught this sooner. It's 2.5 years now and right now there are no signs...so my hope is that this will stay gone.
andy64tms Posted - 11/20/2015 : 19:40:57
OK you guys have got me on a roll, here is another fishy story:

While doing my windsurfing-civic duty of picking up fishing line, I accidently hooked my finger. There it was hooked through my index finger at the first joint. I remember the green lure dangling iridescently in the sunlight. As it wriggled the adjacent nerves tingled and rebelled in searing pain.

My confident fireman friend pointed out the pros and cons of the hospital waiting room verses time lost windsurfing. He offered to remove it, and I willingly handed him my pliers, I had recently seen a u-tube video of hook removal, and assumed he knew what he was doing, after all we trust our firemen don’t we, as they know first aid? Instead of cutting off the barb and unhooking he just yanked the offending hook from my finger, the shock made me flush red and I passed out.

Coming to I immediately thought of “balto”, for that week we had been discussing “TMS distraction theory” and I sure needed this right then. I hurriedly administered Nu- Skin, and climbed aboard a windsurfer. Now the moral of the storey could be “never trust a fireman”, but I prefer “Ignoring and accepting pain with a distraction really worked for me”.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
andy64tms Posted - 11/20/2015 : 17:14:18
I was once trolled:

Three years ago I had the misfortune to get a fisherman’s trolling line tangled in my windsurfing fin. The tri barbed fin stuck in my foot strap with a clatter and thud, missing my foot by inches. I jumped in the water and wound the fishing line around the fin even more. As the line broke the two fishermen waved fists at me, they were really mad. I was more TMS relieved than TMS mad, as I imagined myself being pulled along with a three barbed hook in my leg. As a gesture of my good fortune I gave the hook to another fisherman.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
andy64tms Posted - 11/20/2015 : 16:52:12
From Urban Dictionary

"trolling"

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."

Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
andy64tms Posted - 11/20/2015 : 10:28:58
If Alexis was trolling, she got you hook line and sinker. Here we go again.

“If you call one of these people out, expect the same reaction you get from any other fanatic.”

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
tennis tom Posted - 11/20/2015 : 08:38:47
Alexis is ABSOLUTELY right! NOT EVERYTHING IS TMS!--Only about 80% of what ails humanity!-- That is HUGE! Yet she equates it to the common cold as just another dx. She comes here from time to time to drop her little anti-Sarno bomblets based on ONE hearsay anecdote by a fellow who's dx came back as a vitamin deficiency. Vitamin deficiencies are the the current rage for allopathic docs to hang a dx on for chronic pain--along with lymes, CF, Fibro, which the vast majority are mis-dx'es that are in fact TMS/PSYCHOSOMATIC. This is because doctors don't want to take the time to deal with the real science behind 80% of dis-ease, the PSYCHOLOGY of emotions. It's less time consuming to compartmentalize those patients who chronically plant themselves in their waiting rooms as "mental". Real TMS doctors take the time to get acquainted with the emotional make-ups of their patients, I've heard of up to three hours by Dr. Schubiner.

So Alexis comes here time from time to time with the identical "jimmy-jimmy" vitamin deficiency nocebo story which is pure hearsay and is her sole anti-Dr. Sarno TMS mantra.

This is the internet so who knows, maybe Alexis is a schill for big pharma--or little pharma, repping for a vitamin supplement company or is on a trust fund from a doctor in the family. Who knows? But, she did not reply to the dire post by "smoothed" just above hers, maybe he skipped his vits? Perhaps Alexis can only relate to people in the abstract and not face to face. I'm sure we will see a reply--hidden in her BIO. As they say on the internet: DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation” – Plato

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

"All my friends in Los Angeles are the sensitive type. They all have like all the diseases like Chronic Fatigue, Epstien Barr, Fibromyalgia. Like all the diseases where the only symptoms seem to be you had a really crappy childhood and at the prospect of full time work ya feel kinda achy and tired."

Posted by Skizzik @ TMSHelp from comedian Maria Bamford

======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

alexis Posted - 11/20/2015 : 04:22:34
TMS needs to be recognized as just another medical diagnosis. Like any other diagnosis, there are people misdiagnosed with TMS, people who misdiagnose themselves, and people attached to the diagnosis for the secondary gain it gives them.

If a person has simplified the world so much that every, or almost every, medical condition is TMS they have more serious mental health issues that need to be addressed. The TMS Causes Everything folk are in the same bin as the Lyme Causes Everything folk, they are just in far too deep to see it. If you call one of these people out, expect the same reaction you get from any other fanatic.
filipe Posted - 11/16/2015 : 15:42:56
I'm a great tennis player, on my PS3, I mean. I don't like Basketball, even on my PS3. I once score a great point, but I guess I was just lucky... I'm not sure. My friends told me it was plain luck. Maybe it had something to do with the way I throw the ball... with my gamepad, I mean. What do you think? Luck, or know how?

Anyway, I know some good real tennis players that had to end their careers because of "Tennis Elbow". They showed me their MRIs, and other exams, that showed unequivocally damage in their lateral epicondylitis. They were better players than John McEnroe, and they also dind't insut the judges on the tennis court, like Tennis John used to do ;)

At the time I din't know about Sarno.

tennis tom Posted - 11/16/2015 : 11:36:39
quote:
Originally posted by filipe

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by tennis tom

As John Macenroe would say: "ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Can you explain me why on earth, an HVI positive patient, like Magic Johnson, doesn't develope AIDS?

No idea, I'm a tennis player, not basketball--although, I scored a key basket once in a pickup game with a world class lady player, and a Stanford kidney transplant surgeon, at Hannalei Bay, on Easter Sunday, and then had the foresight to go on defense after that and win a free dinner from an LA lawyer, a tennis pro and a Harvard business grad. We did have some trouble collecting on the bet but finally prevailed based on the evidence.
filipe Posted - 11/16/2015 : 11:09:14
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by tennis tom

By the way Tom, you have mentioned a Tennis player, now I'm gonna mention a Basketball player. Can you explain me why on earth, an HVI positive patient, like Magic Johnson, doesn't develope AIDS?
andy64tms Posted - 11/16/2015 : 11:02:48
Filipe,

I see you are answering English questions, perhaps you could answer one of mine from a previous post when I wrote:

“I for one am not taking this personally. I am not the one with a personal vendetta against someone else’s belief. I am not the one personally chasing websites looking for that extra bit of information to support my belief. I am not the one personally posting hundreds of links to convince others. I am also not the one having marital difficulties. Do you fear perhaps that others have differing opinions?”

DO YOU FEAR PERHAPS THAT OTHERS HAVE DIFFERING OPINIONS?

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
filipe Posted - 11/16/2015 : 10:10:58
Now I'm getting it. You want me to answer the question...

well, yes, I think they detect cancer. But they also detect hernias, CTS, Cubital Syndrome, Epicondilitys, and other structural abnormalities...

filipe Posted - 11/16/2015 : 09:54:38
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

Tom, you're making fun of me :( I have only 2 stars. I'm a nobody compared to you ;) Anyway, I never did like tennis. I prefer Soccer... ehehe...
tennis tom Posted - 11/16/2015 : 09:35:12
filipe Posted - 11/16/2015 : 04:13:28
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

When you go to a doctor in the USA for a check-up, they routinely send you to a lab to take blood and urine samples. Would cancer be detected by such routine lab testing?

I now think its is a waste of time to do those exams. Because our body is always changing... But why are you asking me this? Where are you getting Tom?
tennis tom Posted - 11/16/2015 : 04:03:31
When you go to a doctor in the USA for a check-up, they routinely send you to a lab to take blood and urine samples. Would cancer be detected by such routine lab testing?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000