TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Any shoulder pain people here?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

avik

128 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  19:37:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a question for you:
Ive already been diagnosed with "Rotator Cuff Tears" in both shoulders, I know its TMS and ive already worked through the pain for each, with great success.
That said, about two weeks ago I started getting a new pain, which is now on the top of the shoulder (on the ball joint-otherwise known as the acromion) and its excruciating.

I happen to be an amateur bodybuilder and apparently this specific pain is known as a "shoulder impingement" or, "bodybuilders shoulder".

Now, maybe its the name or the fact that so many people experience it...that I am giving it legitimacy but I wanted to know if anyone here has either:

-had this exact type of pain and has worked through it using TMS related methods
-knows of a place in any TMS/MBS related book where the author discusses this very specific injury/pain.

Its scaring the hell out of me and would just love to hear if someone else has experienced this apparently very common complaint?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance here.

Edited by - avik on 02/16/2017 20:07:10

Rose12

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  11:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes I have shoulder pain for no reasons. Every time I get it, I use lavender oil to reduce pain. Take some drops of lavender oil with 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil to mix together and warm up. Use the warm mixed oil for massaging the aching and tense muscles at the shoulder for about 10 minutes. Of cource, the treatment is temporary. But it's can help you a little bit. https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-shoulder-pain/
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  07:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have lifted weights AND played baseball HARD without warming up my whole life. I do lots of pushups and presses and so forth. I am 51 and can still punch a hole through a brick wall....

When my back pain went away my shoulder, and later my knee were 'new' points of TMS. In fact, when I do pushups I oftne here a crucnhy sound like knuckles cracking... I laugh about it now. If I hadn't been doing this TMS thing for so many years it might really scare me.

When my shoulder happened it was about my ****ty marriage and ****ty job and anxiety with my performance on the Baseball field. Period.
Go to Top of Page

summabody

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  23:05:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
100% yes, I had this for 6 months and during that time I had to stop driving, pushing my wheelchair (I was in a w/c due to a different TMS situation) and many days could hardly stir my oatmeal or open the fridge door.

My chiropractor who was also an MD told me I had an impinged nerve in the ball joint and needed a cortisone shot (I opted out of that) and that if I didn't treat it soon I'd end up with frozen shoulder that would take 2 years to heal (talk about nocebo!)

I sustained this "injury" while pushing myself up on my wheelchair with my arms and doing some shoulder pops. Probably not a great idea but nothing that would last SIX MONTHS. I mean we used to do that kind of stuff in gymnastics in a handstand when I was a kid...

During this time, right towards the end of the 6 mos I either discovered Sarno or decided to apply the idea (was several years ago so I'm no longer sure) and convinced myself to start getting back to pushing my chair, etc as normal. I was in excruciating pain for about a week but was back to all normal activities within a couple weeks.

Since your shoulder happens to be a recurring area, perhaps try to explore any reason your subconscious may be trying to sabotage your efforts in the gym by keeping you out of there or hindering your goals. Do you feel guilty about it or your reasons for working out in any way, or does staying away from the gym relieve some other repressed anxiety such as friends/family's attitudes, opinions or demands on your life or lifestyle? In other words, how might your body think it's helping you at this point in time? Or a metaphor for the shoulders - such as carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders, or shouldering a burden - at this time?

Hope it resolves soon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000