TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Release Repressed Emotions Article
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DitaH

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  06:50:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a great post. I'm going to print it out and read it often. Thanks!

Andrew
Go to Top of Page

spacegirl74

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  03:45:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2scoops,
could you please tell me who the author of this article is?
Go to Top of Page

jcharley

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  07:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spacegirl74

2scoops,
could you please tell me who the author of this article is?

Search (googled "Get Those Emotions in Motion") attributes this to Deepak Chopra.

jch
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  12:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unable to find link even when I google. Please always send link when you are posting someone elses article.

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

jcharley

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  13:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

Unable to find link even when I google. Please always send link when you are posting someone elses article.

Sarno-ize it!

http://spirituality.indiatimes.com/articleshow/17115.cms

jch
Go to Top of Page

head2toe

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  03:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon

If you are still around, please could you contact me via e-mail, I would love to talk to you about Cyquest.

Thanks
Andy

quote:
Originally posted by Kutto

Hi,

This is my second post here. I did one several weeks ago entitled Back pain chest pressure and Counselling.

I have moved on a lot since my last post and I wanted to share with everyone why and how and refer you to a really excellent web site on understanding repressed emotions and how to start dealing with them. But before I give the address I want to give you some more background.

Please take time to read through this site - triggers for repressed emotions can happen at any time - but you have to know when your emotions are trying to tell you something and be there to listen.

Simon

Go to Top of Page

moose1

162 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  11:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

Your story sounds a lot like mine, minus the 'ah ha' moment in the bookstore. I recently began to 'cry out' what I can only call undefined sadness, after not really having cried for about 15 years! Sometimes it's easy to cry, other times it's a chore, especially when the brain fog is creating it's road block to my feelings.

Anyway, thanks for the link to that site. There's some good info there.

Moose
Go to Top of Page

head2toe

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  15:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moose

Having read Thomas Stone's book Cure By Crying, I found some effective ways to "jump start" crying. I have been using, www.youtube.com (amongst other things) to find songs, movie clips etc that trigger emotion in me. If you'd like to chat about it, please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

scottjmurray

266 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  01:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is good sh-t. im scottjmurray approve this message.

---
i'm not s#!t.
i'm champagne.
Go to Top of Page

moose1

162 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  08:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by head2toe

Moose

Having read Thomas Stone's book Cure By Crying, I found some effective ways to "jump start" crying. I have been using, www.youtube.com (amongst other things) to find songs, movie clips etc that trigger emotion in me. If you'd like to chat about it, please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I'll take a look at the Stone book. It's amazing how resistant and angry the critical mind gets to anything that makes contact with previously buried emotions. Friday in therapy I touched upon some feelings I have about my dad and my mind responded yesterday with a horrible bout of depression. Thank god I have a close friend who is an angel was there to comfort me.

Best,
Moose
Go to Top of Page

Dagnabit

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  06:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kutto

Now for the site - It is http://www.cyquest.com/pathway/index.html

The introduction is written in an 'interesting' style - don't be put off. Read through the whole thing - it is very practical and very very relevent to understanding repressed emotions and associated problems. For people with addictive problems - read the section on patterns you will find it interesting. I have found other links from the site to be far less useful than the site itself...............

Simon

Thanks for that link. Lots of useful info there.
Go to Top of Page

Capn Spanky

112 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  14:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leegold

..... for me its almost always sadness. ....

i have heard from some psychologists that anger is ALWAYS the secondary emotion- the primary is betrayal, sadness, fear, etc- and i've found this to be true; so when i get into sadness, its the base emotion, not the secondary. i know dr s has revised his thinking about the emotions causing tms- he doesnt just say its anger, but anger, sadness, hurt, etc

That is really interesting! Sadness is always the emotion I experience the most, but I was under the impression that it was a cover for anger. In fact, I got that impression from reading Sarno's books. Thank you for sharing that! Very interesting!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000