TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Stiffness of hip flexors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

steffi

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  17:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone experienced this?

positivevibes

204 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  23:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hip flexors have felt tight from time to time. I do a stretch for them several times per week. When they were really tight I did it every day, along with a bunch of other gentle stretches for my legs and hips, and I tried to walk every day at the park. It took a few weeks, but the tightness did ease up. Hot epsom salt baths really help, too! Use lots of salt....at least 2 cups per bath! It's relaxing and supposedly the salt helps the muscles to feel better.

I want to add....GENTLE stretching, don't overdo it. I only do 2 sets of 30 second "holds" for these things. Sometimes being overzealous on the stretching can create more problems than it solves.

Also, some people think that it's better to stretch after you're warmed up. So maybe go for a 15 minute walk first or something like that.

Edited by - positivevibes on 03/20/2009 13:58:10
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  16:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
positivebibes- excately what it says in the stretching book I got, hold for a count of 30 secs and get your blood moving first.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000