TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Curing RSI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MikeJ

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  10:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sandro, I thought of you when I read this thread. There's a good quote from flyefisher regarding setbacks that should help.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2536
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  11:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Redsandro, setbacks are pretty normal. You do have control over the pain to some extent, but the more important thing is that you have control over your reaction to the pain. You don't have to let it worry you, bother you, or stop you, if that's what you choose.

Don't let it get you down. The computer is not bad for you. Your own fear is bad for you.

Go at your own pace in your recovery. Maybe you just went a little too fast for your brain. Take it easy for a few days and try again when you're feeling more confident.

Best of luck.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  12:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, you people keep keeping me confident. :)
I really think reading Sarno's latest book will do me and my mind good. I ordered it together with Fred Amir's book even before I had a major breakthrough last week, but I think the mailman got lost in Europe.

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  07:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I should say that since a few days, I am back at the level of complaints I had one week after reading Sarno's MBC, which is good!

Learning more about this TMS, other people's experiences and giving the explanation a personal touch makes it more a part of myself, understandable and reachable. I'm still away from comprehending it totally and I wonder if I ever will, but after knowing, believeing and acknowledging how TMS works, learning how it works with you is the next step.

I played a lot of guitar these days, and I haven't really done that in many years. When you treat the irrational stubborn inner TMS creating unconscious as a 3 year old, you can visualise stuff like playing together with your inner kid. Sure, you can laugh. I would too. In fact, I do. But it works for me.

When I took a walk the other day and experienced pain, I imagined walking with my inner kid, or young version of myself, and tried to talk and reason with it. After the walk the pain had subsided somewhat. I wouldn't recommend talking out loud tho.

When things don't go the way I like it, I summon the kid, and explain we have to cooperate in order to accomplish stuff.

Edited by - Redsandro on 11/20/2006 07:01:05
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  21:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONGRATULATIONS REDSANDRO ON YOUR TMS BREAKTHROUGH!

I think you will like his newest book too. It's about a lot of the methods you are using. The book makes a very difficult subject, the workings of the human mind, understandable.

Keep up the good work and it's GREAT that you are playing the guitar again!
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  02:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it on the shelf now, but that makes it sound more interesting. At the moment I'm reading Fred Amir's book. I'm at about page 100 something, and the first 70 pages weren't new or interesting imo. Still, reading about another's recovery strategy is helping, but he's really had all the pain there is except for RSI or something. I'm going to enjoy the devided mind :)

torarnek

Norway
1 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  12:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Redsandro, I feel obliged to send you a message. I have been in your situation with so severe RSI problems that I had problems carrying my groceries from the store. I “fixed” my problem with something called Trigger Point Therapy – where I massage certain very painful points in the muscles, so that they can go back to their normal state and length. The book is called “The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook” (http://www.triggerpointbook.com).

This together with physical exercise has dramatically improved my life. However, my problem is that the trigger points come back all the time. And I have been suspecting a connection with my emotions and the mind, and yesterday I came across Dr.Sarno’s work, so hopefully I will solve this problem once and for all.

My main message to is that muscles that are in spasm and have trigger points (they seem to have crystals inside of them) need physical pressure in order to release.

My belief is that Dr.Sarno’s work together with trigger point therapy and exercise will do the trick!

Good luck

Tor
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  19:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this information!

But the fact is, I bought, read and practiced that book abouth a month before I found out about Sarno. I know all about triggerpoints and I thought I finally found the solution.

But the pain release was 10% at best, and temporarely. That's actually why I started to google more for desparate wicked RSI fixes and discovered Sarno. After practicing Sarno, the pain subsided varying between 80%-100% and I get all sorts of symtom imperatives and such sci-fi like stuff, letting me know something's really responding to what I do.

That's why I think triggerpoints are a symptom of TMS, and Sarno is the cure.

Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000