TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A Course in Miracles-anyone reading or read it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  18:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to check and see if there are any fellow readers....it talks greatly about healing.

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  19:47:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read some Marianne Williamson books and seen her lecture in NYC twice. I like her. But she's too skinny! LOL Very pretty woman.

Funny how something she said reminded me of Dr. Sarno and "doing the work." Someone in the audience was saying "well why are good things not happening yet. . .?" or something to that effect. Marianne asks "are you studying the Course? Are you meditating daily?" perhaps one other question. Two+ times this happened and the person could not answer yes to any of her questions. But they wanted results. So, how I liken this to Dr. Sarno is people complain they are not getting better. But are they doing the program as he outlines?

Marianne believes all emotions boil down to two: love and fear.

I have to admit I've been more engrossed in mind/body or spiritual books, but my S.O. is very into her books & Eckhart Tolle right now.

-Lori

Edited by - mizlorinj on 10/03/2008 19:58:09
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  07:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was intrigued by it because of it having been written by psychologists and was fascinated by the bit I read online, but I found it heavy going.

For a while I tried to read it by mentally translating all the religious terms into more neutral words, but eventually gave up and decided I would stick to Louise Hay for now.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

Effie

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  18:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the Course -- when I first started reading it (almost twenty years ago) I found that it was "heavy going" and very hard to understand, and I thought maybe it was some kind of cult or something. But amazingly, whenever I've needed help, I've found that I can open it up and the parts of it that I need all of a sudden make perfect sense and help a lot. The only part that I just couldn't accept until recently was the part that says that pain and illness are not real, that they are caused by your mind . . . but now, through Dr. Sarno and his books, that part finally makes sense to me. My pain has virtually disappeared and I know now it was caused by my mind, just like the Course says! I'm still not sure I believe that ALL pain and illness are caused by your mind, that's just a hard concept to swallow, as we all know -- but I'm working on it. I just started reading "The Journey" by Brandon Bays tonight and it's really got me thinking . . .

Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  18:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I listen to Marianne Williamson on www . oprah . com in the mornings - she gives a lesson each day from the Course in Miracles.
Go to Top of Page

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  18:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good to know people are familar with the Course. I have found it absolutely fascinating...in very small doses as it is definitely a tough read...like the bible! The most interesting part to me thus far is the points throughout say that when you are not feeling "right" or "good" you are not in your right mind...in other words...you are removed from the origin of your purpose on this earth and that is to feel "GOOD"...as God intended.
I have never been quite able to grasp this type of seriously deep reading...until this year and now I am hooked.
I also enjoy the podcast discussions offered for free on itunes: Conversations with the Masters and Living Dialogue. These keep me walking further and further.....and not taking the pain seriously like I used to.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000