TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS or Lymes Disease?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meluveitie

23 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  07:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over of the course of the last two years I'm experienced a 'diffusion' of pain symptoms. It started with a diagnosis of vulva vestibulitis, which quickly turned into pain, inflammation, redness and swelling in my entire vulva (which I still have - sorry to be graphic.) which led them to the diagnosis of dysthetic vulvodynia. Within a few months of that I quickly began experiencing pain while sitting, in my tailbone, sit bones and thighs - sometimes a burny, tingly feeling to a raw, sore feeling. I was then diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia. I also have pain in my knees, and my joints crack all the time, almost like they're grinding. I feel like the pain is getting worse, or spreading. I've seen mostly gynos, who felt I had palpable, painful lymph nodes in my pelvis (which I thought always indicated infection) yet all my tests come back normal, including pap smears. I read somewhere Lymes disease could be implicated in the vulvar and sitting pain (as it can affect anything) so I saw a few doctors about it; an LLMD who diagnosed me with it and another two doctors that said they didn't think my symptoms and tests aligned with it (I showed two faint LD bands but all my other vitamin/deficiency/co-infection tests were normal, which could have indicated I was exposed to LD in the past but my body may have fought it off.)

Basically, I don't know what to think. I seem to have some classic TMS symptoms (the sitting pain, sciatica, nerve pain in those areas) as well as chronic high levels of anxiety and depression (which I've always had.) But then some other symptoms that I didn't think are TMS related... (joint cracking and grinding, visual red inflammation in the vulva) and since Lymes Disease is so hard to diagnose I can't tell which it is. Any thoughts?

walnut864

94 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  22:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im still waiting on someone to answer this post.

As for me I have had the Lyme scare a few years now. I have alleviated many of my symptoms using methods I learned from Dr Schubiner. The only things I have not succesfully rid myself of is inflammation and swelling in the arch of my right foot, shoulder impingement in both shoulders, and fasciculations (muscle twitching.

I have joints that crack and grind. Actually my shoulders arent cracking and popping as bad as they were a few months back.

You said you had bands on the lyme test. From all the stuff I have read on lymes testing. It sounds like anyone could have a few bands on there. The tests seem unreliable. The fact that you have and I qoute,"chronic high levels of anxiety and depression (which I've always had.)" leads me more towards you having TMS. I too have had anxiety and depression for many years. I see so many people that have TMS also have anxiety, depression, OCD, etc.

If you go to an anxiety support forum you will see many people feel or even believe they have ALS, MS or Lymes. Those 3 diseases cover alot of symptoms and are the main ones anxiety sufferers self diagnose themselves wiith bc the symptoms are so similar.
If you think about it, not everyone on the anxiety forums and there are many can possibly have MS or Lymes. So the chances are pretty slim. I still fight beliefs that I have Lymes or MS. The diagnosis of TMS is a hard to stick by but, I stick to my guns in the end and fight this from a TMS view point. Mainly b/c I was able to rid many of my symptoms using Dr. Schubiners course. Some symptoms I have had went away before his course and havent stuck their nasty heads back in my life.
My wife was having alot of tiredness, irritability, blurred vision and stuff like that. She went to her doctor just once, she ran lots of bloodwork and a few weeks later the lab results came back saying she had Lymes disease. She took the month worth of doxycycline and she is back nagging and bitching at me again. LoL. Niether my wife, I or my regular doctor believes she had Lymes in the first place.

She was having alot of trouble at work from one of the mangers. She was under a great deal of stress. PLus supposedly you have to be bit by a tick to get Lymes. Getting this woman out of the house and into the yard to get a little help is impossible. So add up the odds of her getting bit by a tick, that has Lymes on the way to her car in a suburban neighborhood and we have no pets, seems like 1 in 10,000,000,000 to me. Maybe Im crazy , I dunno.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get feeling better soon.
Oh, also. My joints dont pop and crack as much when I eat a little healthier and stay active.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  19:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by walnut864

You may want to back-track to the thread you started about your "List of symptoms,tell me your opinion", there are several responses there you have not responded to.

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

Edited by - tennis tom on 06/03/2010 19:59:38
Go to Top of Page

walnut864

94 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  19:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

quote:
Originally posted by walnut864

You may want to back-track to the thread you started about your "List of symptoms,tell me your opinion", there are several responses there you have not responded to.

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000