TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 RSI + Hypochondria = TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

lindaleyner

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  07:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I dont know..
When I got angry and show it, my parent always go on about how bad this is and etc. and make me feel a bit..ashamed.
Go to Top of Page

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  14:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
Stop trying so hard. It seems that you are just fueling your anxiety . The more you work at making it go way the more power you give it.
Try and relax..give your self a break.
You are in pain and you are afraid..I do understand.
Stop trying..you will improve.
The more it is on and in your mind the stronger IT (pain and anxiety) becomes.
Good luck.
Marsha
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  15:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lindaleyner

Well, I dont know..
When I got angry and show it, my parent always go on about how bad this is and etc. and make me feel a bit..ashamed.

Try not to place such high importance on your parents' perceptions. They are a major ingredient in why you have symptoms in the first place.

I grew up in an environment where displaying one's emotions was not commonplace. Even now, if I show any anger or frustration about something, my parents see it as a bad thing. I should not "worry" or be "stressed out" because those are "bad" feelings. It is as if my parents dismiss my feelings. It is nothing against them, it is just how they are. Over time I have just learned to accept it.
Go to Top of Page

lindaleyner

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  06:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TMS can be in very different part of the body, right?
Does anybody have experience with "tired" eyes?
Went to the ophtalmologist and he said my eyes are okay, they may be a bit tired from computer use. >But how is it that A LOT of people are up to 12 hours/a day in front of the computer and they are perfectly fine? So this makes me think its anohter TMS symptom.
What do you think? Face it, ergo continuing my normal computer use or rest?
Go to Top of Page

alexis

USA
596 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  09:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lindaleyner

Well, I dont know..

Keep in mind that allowing yourself to feel anger and showing anger to others aren't the same thing. While it may be best in our cases to feel more of our anger, expressing it may be better off in private, or occasionally (in limited quantities) with select supportive friends, than showing it publicly or to its object or to people who may find the power of the anger upsetting to their own happiness.

You don't have to hide that you're upset, but sometimes it's helpful to give a heads up to family like "Yes, I'm upset right now, but I'll be ok in a couple of hours. I'm just heading out for a bit while I let things settle - don't worry, I'll be OK soon."

Then go out, take a walk or whatever and let yourself be pissed. Normally it will wear itself out soon enough.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000