TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DanE1986

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  11:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I feel kind of stupid. I have been reading up on how dreams occur and just realized that it is the subconsious at work while dreaming. I am a TMS patient. Have read Sarno's healing back pain and the mind body prescription. Also have read curebackpainforever.org, (sensei sp?) have learned a lot and have benefited greatly. Virtually nothing wrong with my back when dr's thought "discs" were the problem. Very minor bulging and a little degeneration was all and I thought I was falling apart. I also experienced changes in location from the pain. After my curling weights "injury" i had chronic hip discomfort and mild sciatica for 2 years. Stretching helped but since we all know about TMS I am not going to explain. After reading healing back pain it left my hip and soon after it jumped to my right shoulder and hurt for a week and a half or so and crippled it for a couple days. That went away 100% then funny enough I tried doing a pushup and my terres muscles tightened up extremely fast and caused pain, as long as under my armpit around the rib cage so push ups were impossible. As long as I wasn't doing pushups and putting a great deal of pressure on it there wasn't a problem. Ok well now I can do pushups and don't have really any symptoms that I would consider worrysome at the moment but since I learned about dreams and Sarno's repressed emotions lying in the subconsious I am curious:

I had a devastating breakup with my girlfriend back when I was 17, I am 24 now. We dated for about 9 months and have had quite a lot of dreams over the years and am puzzled why. The breakup ended in person (she went behind my back with someone else is all I'll say) and then all hell broke loose online. She assaulted and battered my emotions and spirit and put them 6 feet under to say the least. Me being "tough" I held EVERYTHING in, got extremely upset over the situation but never cried or anything like that.
So I'm wondering if these dreams are telling me to do something. I bet this is a big factor of my TMS. The dreams are generally neutral to semi-pleasant meaning there isn't really any insulting or verbal abuse going on. Kind of just forgiving each other. She is not around to apologize and I do not have the guts to approach her even if I did see her. Several months later after the last nasty convo online she quickly got on and said "you know, i'm sorry i was so mean to you along time ago. it wasn't right..." So I know she atleast felt remorse which I felt good about. So what would be the plan of action for this. I would love to gather up enough emotions and just "let it all out" but I have always had a naturally tough time crying and I don't know why. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Dan

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  13:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think dreams are your bodies way of dealing with head games and things that have no rhyme reason/ocd stuff/ when im ocding i have lots of epiphany type dreams-gotta love the subconscious!
quote:
Originally posted by DanE1986

Well I feel kind of stupid. I have been reading up on how dreams occur and just realized that it is the subconsious at work while dreaming. I am a TMS patient. Have read Sarno's healing back pain and the mind body prescription. Also have read curebackpainforever.org, (sensei sp?) have learned a lot and have benefited greatly. Virtually nothing wrong with my back when dr's thought "discs" were the problem. Very minor bulging and a little degeneration was all and I thought I was falling apart. I also experienced changes in location from the pain. After my curling weights "injury" i had chronic hip discomfort and mild sciatica for 2 years. Stretching helped but since we all know about TMS I am not going to explain. After reading healing back pain it left my hip and soon after it jumped to my right shoulder and hurt for a week and a half or so and crippled it for a couple days. That went away 100% then funny enough I tried doing a pushup and my terres muscles tightened up extremely fast and caused pain, as long as under my armpit around the rib cage so push ups were impossible. As long as I wasn't doing pushups and putting a great deal of pressure on it there wasn't a problem. Ok well now I can do pushups and don't have really any symptoms that I would consider worrysome at the moment but since I learned about dreams and Sarno's repressed emotions lying in the subconsious I am curious:

I had a devastating breakup with my girlfriend back when I was 17, I am 24 now. We dated for about 9 months and have had quite a lot of dreams over the years and am puzzled why. The breakup ended in person (she went behind my back with someone else is all I'll say) and then all hell broke loose online. She assaulted and battered my emotions and spirit and put them 6 feet under to say the least. Me being "tough" I held EVERYTHING in, got extremely upset over the situation but never cried or anything like that.
So I'm wondering if these dreams are telling me to do something. I bet this is a big factor of my TMS. The dreams are generally neutral to semi-pleasant meaning there isn't really any insulting or verbal abuse going on. Kind of just forgiving each other. She is not around to apologize and I do not have the guts to approach her even if I did see her. Several months later after the last nasty convo online she quickly got on and said "you know, i'm sorry i was so mean to you along time ago. it wasn't right..." So I know she atleast felt remorse which I felt good about. So what would be the plan of action for this. I would love to gather up enough emotions and just "let it all out" but I have always had a naturally tough time crying and I don't know why. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Dan

Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  20:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dan
mate you can't go on living life hangin on to this kinda crap! I think it would serve you better to complete this situation....the good news is that it doesn't have to involve her.

Write her several letters and then send em to the bin. Say everything you need to say and cause no one will ever read it say whatever comes to mind....just let it flow. You really need to complete this kind of stuff and forgive.....for your sake.

Hangin onto anger or resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die...... completely silly!

Beside.....this is what is referred to as "baggage" If you don't clear this stuff from your life you will drag it around with you and project it onto future relationships. Ask anyone who is wise, when you fall in love any "issues" you have will soon rise up and get in the way.

D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000