TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Slipping ribs?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cartersmom

3 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  10:43:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Has anyone ever dealt with this issue? I am a former patient of Dr. Sarno's. I saw him in 2000 and successfully applied his principles to heal my lower back pain which had been very bad for over 2 years. Over the last 10 years I have had random pains in various parts of my body and usually just tell myself it's TMS and it goes away.

Recently I have had this terrible pain in my upper back in 1 specific spot. It hurts to draw breath and it is hard to ctahc my breat because of it. I have had this happen on and off over the last few years but when it has it has never lasted longer than a day or been very severe. This time it is terrible and is not going away. I have been to docs to rule out anything serious and have been told I have a muscle spasm and that my rib slips out of place. Has anyone ever applied TMS to slipping ribs?
Thanks

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  11:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CM, sorry to hear about your pain. I can't help you with that structural issue but am curious about Dr. Sarno. I've heard he has either retired or not seeing patients, do you know it that's true? I've also heard that once you're a patient of he's, he will give freely of his time to address a patient's TMS recurrences. If so, have you attempted to contact him, since he treated your TMS successfully in the past?

I believe he has TMS trained colleagues at NYU Hospital he refers to. Have you seen one of them for your current pain site?

Thanks for any incites and good luck.

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

Edited by - tennis tom on 08/18/2010 01:04:37
Go to Top of Page

cartersmom

3 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  11:19:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

No he is not retired (although he has got to be very old!) and yes, I actually am waiting for a call back from him. I'm pretty sure of what he is going to tell me, but was interested in others experiences with this problem if that had had any.

I didn't know he had colleagues in the area. Good to knpw as again he is super old now!
Go to Top of Page

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  14:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cartersmom,
I have never heard of slipping ribs. Actually I do not think bones can move out of place unless they are broken. It sounds like muscle spasm or maybe a gas pain. As long as docs say don't worry...don't worry.
Try not to focus on the pain. It will go away.
Good luck,
Marsha
Go to Top of Page

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  19:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a slipped rib from pregnancy. It still goes in and out over 5 years later.
Nothing serious about it except it can cause some cartilage inflammation as far as I know.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  08:49:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a new one to me too: the "slipped rib". I've sprained, strained or torn about every part of my body in sports but never done nor heard of that one. I'm gonna' go out on limb here and guess this may be TMS.

I would be curious how this was diagnosed?

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605
Go to Top of Page

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  19:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the doc put his hand on my rib...I bent over the rib literally slipped out of his finger, i sat up and it popped back. I was pregnant (3 months) and everything was moving. Not tms but a non emergency medical condition.
:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000