TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 can pain get worse after journaling?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

healingback

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2010 :  09:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all. Well it wasn't really journaling it was actually me talking out loud and trying to explain to myself why I felt angry at certain things that were going on at the time my back pain started. .. this is me trying to get out the anger. . Disappointment etc...

The pain seemed to subside skittles while I was voicing my feelings but as I stopped it was like the pain decided to travel all the way up my back. .. I had to go and sit down. . Is this my unconscious fighting me? If it is any ideas on what to say to it? IWalking is a big bugbear for me. .. I'm so used to having pain after 20mins of walking that to be honest. .. I'm kinda expecting it. .. I'm new to tms so please bear with me. .. would appreciate any support as I'm laid up on the sofa trying to stop thinking physical.

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2010 :  09:37:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by healingback

I'm so used to having pain after 20mins of walking that to be honest. .. I'm kinda expecting it. ..

Try walking longer, I find after 20 minutes of walking, my pain goes away.

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6415

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605
Go to Top of Page

Forfeet

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2010 :  14:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Schubiner advises that some times call for yelling and others for talking gently to your body, perhaps even thanking it for the pain as an ill-conceived way to distract you from stress or even to alert you to stress. You would then tell your body while you appreciate what it is trying to do, it is not necessary. You can handle the stress without the body's help.

He also says some people do better with gentle talk and others with more stern talk. In my opinion, anything can become obsessive and result in counterproductive results; either focusing intently on pain or focusing too intently on the mental/psychological stuff. I think people can judge themselves too harshly for not being able to end the pain quickly enough. Finding a balance is key.
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2010 :  16:16:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HB,
It make sense to me that your pain is increasing. What is TMS? It's your mind trying to distract you from the crappy feeling or thoughts you have inside that it's creating. If you think about it, the mind actually owns you! So the moment you start to challenge it by looking at your emotions the mind turns it up....it's just trying to protect you from the thoughts and feelings. You must continue and know that you are on the right path! Take a painkiller and push through.......the mind feeds on fear so don't fear the pain.....it's nothing serious right?! You can't get your emotions "out", you can only FEEL them which allows them to process. It's a two step process. First stop thinking the crappy thoughts to create the negative emotions, then ask yourself how you actually feel about things. Check in constantly and ask how do I feel about this and allow the feeling without ACTING the feeling. Feel angry but don't get angry on the outside......only then will you understand why we struggle with this so much cause it aint easy :-)

Read the Sedona method, it will help you get in touch with the feelings.

Good luck

D
Go to Top of Page

healingback

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  03:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys thanks for your responses. Darko what you said really made sense... its always good to hear it from someone else. .. and forefeet thanks so much for putting that spin on it. .. there are many ways in which tms can be assessed so its good to find out different view points. .. especially if your starting out just like me. .. keep them coming. .. other people's advice especially people who have beaten tms really helps to me to keep going
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000