TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dizziness ,headache, neck ache, shoulder ache
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cptusopp

Singapore
20 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  03:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

quote:
Originally posted by cptusopp

I am having terrible giddiness this week that causes me to remove my spectacle.(my eye power has been checked numerous time to be correct)

It seems like symptom has moved for me..I am trying hard not to focus but sometimes it is hard..e giddiness is present while I m typing .:(

We may be having a language problem here, is this a "good" giddiness or a "bad" giddiness? Could you please explain?

Thanks

Hi Tom,

Apologizes for my poor English.
Just trying to say the giddiness is back..feels like e world is spinning :(

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  11:52:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hi Tom,

No problem, I think you're meaning "DIZZINESS". It can be another TMS equivalent. "SEARCH" above under DIZZINESS and you should find a lot of threads on that topic. The board went through a period a few years back when there were quite a few dizzies here. "Giddiness" may also be a TMS symptom we would like to have but I haven't seen it mentioned yet--good events can also trigger TMS, anything that threatens our unconscious's HOMEOSTASIS.

Cheers,
tt
Go to Top of Page

cptusopp

Singapore
20 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  00:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Hi Tom,

No problem, I think you're meaning "DIZZINESS". It can be another TMS equivalent. "SEARCH" above under DIZZINESS and you should find a lot of threads on that topic. The board went through a period a few years back when there were quite a few dizzies here. "Giddiness" may also be a TMS symptom we would like to have but I haven't seen it mentioned yet--good events can also trigger TMS, anything that threatens our unconscious's HOMEOSTASIS.

Cheers,
tt

Hi Tom,

Good event can also trigger TMS is something new to me.
Do you have more informations on this as i dont recall seeing this being mentioned in Dr Sarno's book.

Thanks in Advance
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  09:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Good event can also trigger TMS is something new to me.
Do you have more informations on this as i dont recall seeing this being mentioned in Dr Sarno's book.

Most human's unconscious abhors change to their HOMEOSTASIS (comfort zone). If there are enough life changing events to overflow one's reservoir of TMS RAGE, our unconscious can develop, for us, TMS psychosomatic symptoms as a defense mechanism DISTRACTION from having to face the life changing event(s) head-on. The symptom is a crutch to PROTECT us from the psychological onslaught. Monks living in snow caves don't suffer from this much, they have transcended, their toughest decision to make is what robe to put on in the morning. Check out the link below for more info for the science behind TMS (I put smiley faces behind some of the events you would think would be good/happy changes):

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Adults:

To measure stress according to the Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale, the number of "Life Change Units" that apply to events in the past year of an individual's life are added and the final score will give a rough estimate of how stress affects health.

Life event

Life change units

Death of a spouse 100
Divorce 73
Marital separation 65
Imprisonment 63
Death of a close family member 63
Personal injury or illness 53
Marriage 50
Dismissal from work 47
Marital reconciliation 45
Retirement 45 ()
Change in health of family member 44
Pregnancy 40
Sexual difficulties 39
Gain a new family member 39
Business readjustment 39
Change in financial state 38
Death of a close friend 37
Change to different line of work 36
Change in frequency of arguments 35
Major mortgage 32
Foreclosure of mortgage or loan 30
Change in responsibilities at work 29
Child leaving home 29 ()
Trouble with in-laws 29
Outstanding personal achievement 28 ()
Spouse starts or stops work 26
Beginning or end school 26
Change in living conditions 25
Revision of personal habits 24
Trouble with boss 23
Change in working hours or conditions 20
Change in residence 20
Change in schools 20
Change in recreation 19
Change in church activities 19
Change in social activities 18
Minor mortgage or loan 17
Change in sleeping habits 16
Change in number of family reunions 15
Change in eating habits 15
Vacation 13 ()
Christmas 12 ()
Minor violation of law 11

Score of 300+: At risk of illness.

Score of 150-299: Risk of illness is moderate (reduced by 30% from the above risk).

Score <150: Only have a slight risk of illness.

Edited by - tennis tom on 05/18/2014 07:14:26
Go to Top of Page

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2014 :  06:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi cptusopp, I see great resemblance between your problems and the ones I had to face.

A year ago I started a thread on dizziness and think it might help you.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8397 or do a search on this forum for `PPDS´.

Go to Top of Page

cptusopp

Singapore
20 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  03:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As i speak now, i think i am having a relapse which i dont know what is the cause.

On christmas day, i was down with headache, vomitting, diarrhea. The next day i went to seek doctor advise and was told i had food poisoning.
The tension headache which suddenly came on xmas never subside, and till now it is still hurting. i can feel my shoulder feeling very tight and headache has been ongoing since xmas day

Is this a relapse? I have been trying to recall if i have any rage...but none has helped so far in my tension headache

I have been taken pain killer daily .. i am trying hard to practice TMS..

Edited by - cptusopp on 12/28/2014 04:32:49
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  09:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As i speak now, i think i am having a relapse which i dont know what is the cause.

Check the Holmes-Rahe list for causes of TMS dis-ease:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Edited by - tennis tom on 12/28/2014 09:51:46
Go to Top of Page

cptusopp

Singapore
20 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  22:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the article ,Tennis_Tom.
The headache just went off by itself for no apparent reason (together with my shoulder ache) after a sudden appearance on x'mas day till sunday.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2014 :  23:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for the article ,Tennis_Tom.
The headache just went off by itself for no apparent reason (together with my shoulder ache) after a sudden appearance on x'mas day till sunday.

"To measure stress according to the Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale, the number of "Life Change Units" that apply to events in the past year of an individual's life are added and the final score will give a rough estimate of how stress affects health."

Christmas is one of the "life change events" that can cause TMS stress on the Rahe-Holmes list.
Go to Top of Page

eliuri

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  00:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best wishes in recovering from this bout, cptusopp.

Two things

1) What happened with your dizziness of several months ago? Does it remain subsided?

2) Can anyone here give me precise reference in Sarno's work (Book and page number if possible..) where dizziness is discussed.

Thanks

-eliuri

Go to Top of Page

cptusopp

Singapore
20 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  18:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi eliuri,
My dizziness came back again together with e bad headache i had during xmas.. headache and shoulder ache are gone..but dizziness is still around.:(..
I am trying to ignore it and not let it distract me...

Go to Top of Page

eliuri

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  20:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi eliuri,
My dizziness came back again together with e bad headache i had during xmas.. headache and shoulder ache are gone..but dizziness is still around.:(..
I am trying to ignore it and not let it distract me...

Obviously, it wasn't food poisoning then..since it brought on that combo of pain and dizziness which you've had before..

I have same combination of shoulder blade pain and dizziness, whereby ground feels like its moving when I walk..like a rocking sensation...Started after a fall..

Was hoping someone here could tell me where in Sarno's books he speaks of this, so I can more readily get into the TMS frame of mind..

Anyone here know?

Good luck in distracting yourself from this..

~eliuri

Edited by - eliuri on 12/29/2014 20:34:07
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2014 :  20:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eliuri

Was hoping someone here could tell me where in Sarno's books he speaks of this, so I can more readily get into the TMS frame of mind..

Anyone here know?
~eliuri

What TMS book do you have?
Go to Top of Page

eliuri

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  02:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Mind Body Prescription

Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection

both in Kindle Edition

Edited by - eliuri on 12/30/2014 02:39:27
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  09:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, do kindle editions have indexes, or "searches" by word? If you put in "dizzy" I'm pretty sure it should come up. I know I've seen it mentioned in the TMS literature. Try a search and let us know what you find. If you can't find anything I'll try to dig my moldering TMS books out of the attic if I haven't given them all away. There have also been many many threads here on the "dizzies" that may be of help to you also.

G'luck
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  10:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's listed in the indexes of both your books, at least they are in my paper editions.

g'luck
Go to Top of Page

eliuri

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  13:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's listed in the indexes of both your books, at least they are in my paper editions.

g'luck

Thanks tt..I'll look tonight or tomorrow..
Go to Top of Page

eliuri

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  14:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again.

There's paragraph in The Mind Body prescription: Location 1815

(page numbers not given in that Kindle edition. nor can I cut n paste the paragraph here)

Essentially he says most cases of dizziness are psychogenic, but doesn't give the mechanism of how that's generated.

Incidentally, neurologists are indirectly coming to this view as well. Seems it often does start out as an acute organic vestibular event, which one "compensates" from. In a certain percentage of those, the persons symptoms persist without physiological cause being found.

I am curious however about that combination of shoulder blade pain and sense of imbalance (in spite of perfect balance). I think cptusopp reports a similar pattern..

-~eliuri

Edited by - eliuri on 12/31/2014 14:35:25
Go to Top of Page

cptusopp

Singapore
20 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2015 :  19:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got the book " The great pain deception" and it reminded me that i have doubt on my symptom being 100% TMS.

All of a sudden , i felt a lot better (95% symptom /pain gone) when i tell myself my symptoms are 100% symptom and it has nothing to do with my posture (my job is desk bound).

Edited by - cptusopp on 01/12/2015 19:28:30
Go to Top of Page

cptusopp

Singapore
20 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  20:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just to update, my dizziness is back whenever i am at work :(...
i know i shouldnt have doubt that it is my posture whatsoever.but sometime it is so tough.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000