TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 What has really helped me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  08:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
I am posting the sucess story of a member on this forum that has helped me a lot. I bought the book mind power into the 21st century as listed below and applied the mind techniques to achieve more peace, patience, forgiveness and letting go. This has helped me achieve a dramatic accelartion in my improvement by reprogramming my brain. I am almost what you would called cured, I will achieve that in the near future, at which time I will post a success story. I thought to put it up now to help others suffering. Good luck.

Author Topic
johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts
Posted - 04/04/2009 : 12:30:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

I've been on this forum, I've suffered to the point of wanting to end my life. I know how much a good success story can help. I want to focus more on how I got better than when I was in despair because I think we all know what that feels like.

Soon after begining college, I developed a frightening symptom in my mouth. It was the feeling of a dry mouth, twisted tongue, and tingly tongue. The symptom made speaking very difficult which paralyzed me since I already had social phobias. I went to my doctor and he listened to my complaints, telling me I had sicca syndrome...AKA Sjogren's sydrome. I looked the disease up online and saw that it was permanent. The thought of this permanent state of imprisonment and fear put me into a state of depression and despair. I walked around campus like a zombie. I constantly thought about the way in which I would kill myself. When the depression was at it's worst I found Sarno's "Divided Mind" which literally saved my life. I became quite hopeful, reading about his succes rates. At this point, last summer (2008), I knew I was experiencing a TMS symptom and that it was not permanent. I applied Sarno's methods for the entire summer and the fall of 2008. His methods did not help me at all, I was becoming nervous about where to go next. The constant everyday fear of speaking haunted me, the feeling was always with me, and I needed to find a cure, quick.

The recovery begins. In january I purchased Dr. Schubiner's online program. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it. There is one aspect of the program called, "Reprograming your mind." I ony did the first week of the program because I could just feel that this reprogramming principle is the driving force behind recovery. I went strong on researching ways to reprogram my mind, reading, "What to Say when you talk to yourself," and, "The Self-Talk Solution" by Shad Helmstetter. I also read, "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind," by Joseph Murphy. I noticed that these are all old books and I wanted to find newer research. I found a lot of great information on affirmation and visualization techniques. I read, "Mind Power into the 21st Century," by John Kehoe, and I'm on his website every day which is amazing. (www.learnmindpower.com) I am now 100% free of my physical symptoms. I don't feel them and I don't think about them. When I had the symptoms I was always scared that I would never be able to forget about them because they were soooo consuming, but when something fades away, your mind simply shifts it's thoughts to something else...It works.

I called this story, "200% recovered," for a good reason. I always had social phobias in my life, perfectionistic pressures, worried too much, simply put...I was never happy or content. I truly believe that God gave me these symptoms to make me find the solution. To force me to work for improvement and achieve the happiness I deserve. I think TMS and all its equivilants are an amazing gift. They put one in a position of desparation to find the secrets of life. Not only have I cured my symptoms but I have felt more confident and happier than ever before. I know I can use these techniques to literally accomplish anything and it feels great.

If you're having difficulty recovering as I was, my advice to you is to reprogram you brain. The symptoms persist because you are thinking in the wrong way. Our brain is an organ of habit, so you must apply the appropriate techniques to change that habit of negative, fearful, doubtful thinking. Once your thinking changes, your life changes. I like to think of unconscious thought patterns as a strong current. Trying to fight these symptoms, trying to journal and apply Sarno's methods, trying to face and accept these symptoms without reprogramming your brain is like swimming against a very strong current. You may work your ass off, and get somewhere, but you can't fight the current of habit for long, and once you tire out you will be pushed back even further. Change your unconscious thinking and the tide will change, the current will go with you now. Now you can simply float with it.

I think Helmstetter's book, "What to say when you talk to yourself" is the best book for explaining the reprogramming of the brain. It will make the idea very clear, it will make perfect sense to you, and you will know you found the answer...which you did.

John Kehoe has the best practical techniques to get amazing results. I love his book and website. I use strictly John Kehoe techniques and it's phenomenal. Right now I am currently doing about 10 minutes of affirmations every morning and night and a 10 minute visualization session in the afternoon.

Good luck everyone! Reprogram your brain and always have PATIENCE AND PERSISTENCE as it takes time and effort to change the habits of the past,

Diresim

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  22:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for posting this. I believe it will really help me... rushes off to buy suggested books.
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  17:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the post Ace1, Just bought the book Mind Power into the 21st Century by John Kehoe, will let you know what I learn from it after I'm done with it. Never hurt to learn more.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  18:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great guys, trust me on this one, Mind power takes it up a notch over the other books. But remember he doesn't tell us what goals to try and achieve with the mind power techniques but the goal is to use them to achieve unconscious relaxation. Which includes peace forgiveness confidence (lack of fear) etc. Dont even think about the symptoms just focus on achieving more relaxation esp if a symptom is present. An example was I knew that I always had a need to rush and I went into this mode automatically even when i didnt want to and this resulted in tension Well i made an affirmation that said im always calm relaxed and patient and applied it like the book says and guess what? The need has almost faded away completely and along with it the pain. Be aware that the effect is so, so subtle that after you get better you can't see a clear black and white correlation with your improvement, but when you will think about it you will see hat this is the only thing you changed, so it had to be the reason. This has to be taken as a project to work, with daily use. Also some people are more susceptible to suggestion than others so it seems to work at different speeds for different people. I had a patient reverse all of this signs/symptoms in a few weeks and he had lung nodules that seemed to be malignant. Others might take a couple years or so of daily use to reverse their symptoms. Good luck and I look forward to having people benefit from this
Go to Top of Page

Diresim

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  18:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over halfway through "what to say when you talk to yourself" and really getting a lot out of it.

Just recorded my first 'self talk' affirmation! :)
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  20:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright! Keep up the good work, you'll notice measurable changes in just a few weeks to months. Just be persistent.
Go to Top of Page

stocktrader

30 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  12:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, I am solely following your Keys. I see myself on every key and now I am ready for my healing journey and move on with my life. I am applying your keys and Kohoe's techniques on my stock trading and life.

Now that you are pain free, do you still visit the forum, meditate, journal? Or you only follow your keys as a life time practice.

Do you still follow John Kehoe? Have you read his other books? Still visit his website?
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  13:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi st, as you can see I still come to this forum. However i only do it for two reasons 1. To help others like yourself. 2. To get feedback so I can help others better. I only do what's on my keys, nothing else. This is done as a way of living. Even though I am "cured" by dr sarnos standards I still get occasional mild symptoms and I still continue to reach a better state. This occasional symptoms are becoming even more infrequent and even more less intense. This is a process, at least in my case, that takes years. I used to wear glasses, but I don't anymore but I am not 20/20 all the time. I just continue to reach a better state as I get better when I practice. I only read the one book. He doesn't tell us to use the mind power for relaxation but that's how you should apply it. There will be a point were you will see exactly that it is nothing more than a strain. A bad habit from intense thinking. There is no evil unconscious mind. Then you will know that it will just take time to break this habit. If you don't see this with time and practice, you can never fully cure yourself. Please give me feedback as time goes on. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  22:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about fears that seemed to be imprinted on your childhood?

Can you eliminate those fears? Or are they part of your personality?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000