TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Enough with these mouth saws already!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  12:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When inner rage surfaces with painful mouth saws what can you do beside rinse with salt (which doesn't work on these suckers!) I just got back from vacation (they of course didn't have my correct accomidations in the beginning) and it even hurts to speak. Has anyone found a good way to get rid of them faster?? I know alot of you guys get them also! HELP!!

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  12:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly, I had mouth sores for the better part of a year. They are just tms equivalents. When I did the tms work, they left along with all the other junk. They are very painful, but just a nuisance. The more you worry about them, the more you will get. If you see them for what they are, I think they will leave for you as well.
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  14:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When they get bad use Tanac and a q-tip.Also their is this other stuff....starts with a Z..uhhh Zilactin? (check spelling)

I don't know if they heal it so much as they make a protective sterile coating over it so you won't keep playing with it which is the worst part(It hurts.....chew,chew....Ow..it hurts...chew,chew)

Also,their is a chemical in celery that heals mouth sores..the only problem is,when it's sore you don't want to chew anything that firm.But if you can,celery.

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  19:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly,

Try 'Bonjela'. It comes in a tube and you can buy it OTC. It is usually quite effective. In the meantime keep doing 'the work'.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
Go to Top of Page

Logan

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  20:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly,
The zilactin is for external use only. I don't know what to do about mouth sores. I get them off an on still - a last TMS hold out - and I usually just suffer them, knowing they'll go away soon. My hygenist said to rinse with peroxide, that seems to make them heal faster.

I got a doozy of a cold sore a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what Louise Hay would say it symbolized but I was struggling with the decision to apply to a study abroad program and feeling like I didn't have the final say on whether to go or not because my husband makes the money in our house right now. I have been living off of student loans and this meant borrowing even more $...so maybe I felt like I couldn't put my money where my mouth was so to speak?

As soon as I decided I was absolutely going (barring my husband saying if I went he would divorce me), it started going away. And also, I did use some zilactin.
Go to Top of Page

Logan

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  20:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just realized that I may not know what the heck I'm talking about re:zilactin being external only. I have a tube of it in chapstick form that says that but I vaguely recall getting a zilactin gel from my dentist to use in my mouth...
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  09:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a mouth sore over the weekend. I assumed it was TMS. For the most part it went away. It has shrunk and I don't feel it anymore. This post affirms that it was TMS.
Go to Top of Page

Ginag

51 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  12:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my experience, cold sores on the mouth are always rage induced. Whenever I've had a real bad emotional battle with someone, I will break out with cold sores. So my belief is that it is TMS related. As for sores in the mouth, many times it is a symptom of high blood sugar, related to the onset of diabetes. So you might want to question your chances of being prone to diabetes.
Gina
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  12:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are finally starting to subside! I can talk now without the pain. It was a doosy of an attack! I will try some of the treatments you all recommended. This seems to happen about every month in a half. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  13:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly,

Have you also experienced what people call "burning tongue" or have you had the sores on the sides of your tongue? I've had a great deal of stress going on in my life and this past week I've got the mouth sores again. For me, it manifests itself on my tongue. My tongue on the top feels like I burned it (like from drinking or eating something scalding hot). And, on the sides of my tongue it becomes rough and red. In the back of the right side, there is some type of sore and it hurts to talk because of course the tongue hits the sides of my teeth and gets irritated further. Has anyone experienced any of this?

Laura
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  15:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laura,
I had a blister/saw on the side of my tongue towards the back like I never had before! I also had 2 others inside my lip area. I seem to get spuratic attacks. I couldn't even talk to people correctly. Today is my first day of some relief. They are finally on their way out for this time around. OY..............

Edited by - holly on 03/01/2005 15:30:48
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  16:01:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laura- mine are always on my tongue. They are awful. Also, I have got them way in the back on my tongue and it feels like my glands are swollen, but it's always just the sores. They seem to last about 5 days to a week.
Go to Top of Page

Carol

91 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  16:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laura, I am having a doozy of a burning tongue outbreak, along with some severe pain on the side of my head. I had the burning tongue thing years ago, but it gradually was replaced by vertigo, which was then replaced by back pain.

I think that it is now trying to play the role that back pain no longer does successfully. When I first had it (burning tongue) I had no idea it could be emotionally induced. I thought it was the result of a sensitivity to certain foods. At the time these foods did seem to result in severe outbreaks, but once the burning tongue went away the things that I was supposedly sensitive to no longer bothered me. Now it is back with a vengence, and I am trying to use the same methods that have been successful with other things.

I am dealing with some heavy emotional ____! I had made what I considered a real breakthrough in identifying some of these issues, but the tongue put them out of my mind in a hurry. Now I am trying to get back the emotions that I was just starting to feel. Just thinking about it does not do it. I have to really let myself feel how mad, hurt and scared I was and am.

TMS is not a fun lifetime companion!!!!!!!!

Carol
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  01:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly, just a thought - I'm sure that you are right that your inner rage is at work with these nasty mouth ulcers, but there is a flavouring, namely cloves, which is found in many foods and products like toothpaste and mouthwash that brings on painful mouth ulcers and sores on my lips in me. My son avoids cloves for the same reason.

Go to Top of Page

Steve

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  07:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, I was getting the mouth ulcers a lot last year...a topical medication called Kenelog (that someone on this board recommended) worked wonders for them. Of course, now I still have the burning mouth thing :-/

Does anyone with this syndrome find that it constantly morphs, like from your teeth to your tongue, to your cheek? It's so annoying... I take a small dosage of tegretol which seems to help a bit, but I dont want to go full blown on it because the side effects for me can be a bit wicked.
Go to Top of Page

Carol

91 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  10:52:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, mine is morphing this time, now that I know what is causing it. Now the tongue pain is not so bad, but I have pain on the side of my head and sometimes on the outside of my cheek.

When I originally had it I was totally unaware that it was emotional, and it really did take my attention! I went through a mouth prosthesis, over the counter pain relievers, etc. I was tried on dilantin, which I couldn't tolerate, then tegretol, which was like heaven until I experienced bone marrow suppression. I sprayed my tongue with chloreseptic every night when I went to bed. That dulled the pain long enough so I could fall asleep. Whenever I was riding in the car or otherwise in a situation where I had nothing to distract me it would get particularly bad. Then I found that chewing bubble gum helped. For some reason other types of gum made it worse. And anything with cinnamon or similar flavor was deadly! The more things that I found that helped, the more it seemed to dissapate. I just got used to living with it, so I think it was no longer doing it's job and left me. I should have known that it was not gone for good, but I do know how to deal with it now!

Carol
Go to Top of Page

Steve

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  11:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol, thanks for your reply. Yeah, when I had the mouth pain from 1998 to like 2000 or so, I also found that mints and such flavored gum seemed to make it worse, anything with tingles in it. I found a cherry-flavored Trident gum that worked very well, but for some reason, it's very hard to find these days (just my luck, ha!). Like you, I also get numbness type pain in my cheek and pain on side of head. Sometimes I just find my tongue feels weird, like sort of sandpapery.

I agree, the Tegretol does seem to work wonders. Is there any way you can go back on it at lower dosages that perhaps won't be so detrimental?
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  09:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol,

Oh, my gosh! I can't believe you mentioned the gum thing. Gum really seems to flare things up big time. Since I was a teenager I can remember that cinnamon gum would irritate my tongue just like this. Now, it seems like anything but bubble gum does it. Isn't that weird? I chewed some gum yesterday and my tongue got really bad. All along the sides it's red and sore looking and on the top it feels as if it's been coated with a fur coat. I brush my tongue several times a day but it doesn't even matter. I'm so tired of this. Between this and the vertigo and my stomach - my gosh! Then, my back started up hurting two days ago. It starts up every time I clean house (which I detest) and it always seems to start up when my parents are in town (they are arriving in two days and will be here for three weeks!).

Thanks for all your responses, everyone. Glad to know I'm not alone with this weird mouth problem. Now, we just need to get rid of it.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  10:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, Louise Hay says that tongue problems "Represents the ability to taste the pleasures of life with joy." But the one that I really found interesting was what she had to say about canker sores (of which I have many) "Festering words held back by the lips. Blame." That one really rings true for the goodist in me, always holding back and not saying what I really want to say. Food for thought.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Kristin

98 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  22:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just got through a first time bout with this. The white furry feeling, a dryness, sore as if I drank hot tea too fast, sensitivity to sugar, spices and salt. Worst of all, my sense of taste was messed up for two weeks, absent or sweet was bitter.

I finally asked a pharmacist if toothpaste for tender gums would work for the tongue. Thankfully it did but now I have allergies and a cold to boot. Placebo proof!

If this is about not speaking up or being able to taste the joy of life I will have to further examine my desire to quit my job and start doing something more creative and pleasurable. I'm so greatful for my job with good pay, flexible hours, excellent benefits but my position is at a real slow down. Hmmm, what might a severe sore throat signify? It's not hard to guess.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  08:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kristin,

Your symptoms mimic mine exactly. It just never seems to go away completely either. Some days are worse than others. I've told myself this is my TMS at it again in a new location. I know I'm dealing with a great deal of rage - rage at my husband about things, rage at his new boss for causing a major screwup resulting in us not getting a pay check, rage at a friend, the list goes on....

BTW, with regards to the sore throat here is what Louise Hay says: "Holding in angry words. Feeling unable to express the self." Under the heading Throat she writes "Avenue of expression. Channel of creativity" and under problems with the throat "The inability to speak up for one's self. Swallowed anger. Stifled creativity. Refusal to change." Boy, according to her I should have a sore throat 24/7!

Laura
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000