TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Eyes (part 2)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kristenl

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  14:41:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to everyone for responding to my earlier post. I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of myasthenia gravis, an autoimmune disorder. I had posted a few days ago regarding twitchy eyes, difficulty opening one in the morning. A few of you wrote that you thought it was tms. I had tests for myashenia gravis (negative), but apparently there is a high rate of false negatives with the test. Does anyone have any symptoms like that? It just seems so weird that it could be tms when I am waking up from a sleep, and it's happening every night. I am doing meditation from Richard Schubiner, and when I get done and open my eyes, sure enough, the left one won't open. I really want to believe this is tms, but I just don't see anyone have anything like this. It's really hard to convince myself it's tms when the only examples of this symptom I see are really bad. Thanks for reading.
K

Kristen Moody

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  09:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kristenl

...I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of myasthenia gravis, an autoimmune disorder.

...I had tests for myashenia gravis (negative), but apparently there is a high rate of false negatives with the test.

... It just seems so weird that it could be tms...

...I am doing meditation from Richard Schubiner,

I've heard of it but have no clue. You've been tested but don't trust the outcome. Talk to the doctor who ordered the test about that--why bother being tested and paying for them if they give you an answer you can't and don't trust and believe in--what's the doc say?

TMS de facto seems weird, especially to newbees, it takes a while to learn the rules of the game to take the gremlin on a level playing field.

If you don't live near a TMS MD for a work-up, I'd recommend contacting SteveO or Dr. Schubiner. They are usually happy to help TMS'ers since there are so few believers on the planet. With a modicum of research you should be able to find their contact info to call them or shoot them an email--or maybe someone here would be kind enough to supply you with the info--I've got an appointment with the hot-tub and a tennis match I have to dash off to. Let us know how it works out for you.

G'luck

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:
John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html

Edited by - tennis tom on 11/13/2012 09:27:17
Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  11:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stop googling!
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  16:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kristenl,

I am sorry I can’t answer your specific questions, but welcome to the forum. When we come here for the first time, many focus on the pain and not psychological issues. The pain is what brings us here; we want answers and quick results, as well as reassurances. It is therapeutic to know there are others in the same position, and this is what makes us a community.

Dr. Sarno’s premise of TMS is that even though the pain is very real the reason for it being there is not. He says it is caused by psychological and emotional factors.

TMS is a belief, and in order for us to progress we have to truly believe, (even at the sub-conscious level) that our pains are caused by emotions. Each person has to eliminate the importance of their own pain to get to this point. Part of this process is asking lots of questions about pain, looking for the exact answer to help us. We believe others have answers when in fact they do not, since there experiences are unique only to themselves.

I assume you’re here because you have read one of Dr. Sarno’s book or perhaps another source. There are lists of potential TMS pain and TMS equivalents in Dr Sarno’s HBP. As Tennis Tom suggests, it is up to each of us to get proper diagnosis, preferably from a Dr. who specializes in TMS patients.The Internet is a double edge sword it can be "helpfully confusing", so be discerning and don't over do it.

From your posts so far I see a definite TMS personality, and I hope you do have it, for most of the symptoms you provide are unexplainable any other way. Obsession is a TMS trait that I have also, for I am obsessed with this forum, the help friendship and connection that I have found here.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 11/13/2012 16:17:03
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000