TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Repressed Emotions vs. Thoughts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

All1Spirit

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  20:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very new to this process/theory but not new to anxiety and allostatic load treatments. For decades we explored the unconscious looking for the smoking gun for anxiety, IBS and stress conditions. Catharsis and psychodynamics bought therapist new cars and a home on the beach and left the patients still suffering.

So I am wondering if this TMS is not a repeat and in the end the cure is removing the fear of symptoms through positive thoughts and self talk. Lowering stress provoking habits and retraining the nervous system with meditation/relaxation.

Still with anxiety an hour of relaxation will not counteract the incessant drip of negative bias 24/7. I also suspect since so many of us came out of stressful families we learned ineffective coping skills/thoughts.....have personalities that tend to look for potential threats and generally talk to and treat ourselves in ways that we would never do to a child.

So perhaps a new life view, a kindness of words and new stories about our symptoms and conditions.

I have seen my symptoms reduce 50 to 70% with a reason to hope – the right word from a friend or the potential for a new program to recover. This is extremely transitory but still I have seen myself make a major shift in minutes with new thoughts??

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  20:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all1spirit your doing well-im proud for you and your recovery
if someone has made you doubt that repressions is the problem
then remeber theres tons of us out there and im one of them
that will tell you my friend -everything sarno says is true to a t
im not here for debate-i know for fact its repression-
i tried all the other stuff without facing my repressions and i had to face those repressions in order to heal-
yes we have to change our personalitys quit a bit but it still doesnt take any validity away from sarno-
if youd like you can e mail me and ill make sure you get to 100%
this is my life now-to help,-
im here -you came here to find out if this is the program
well if you give me a chance and some e mail time we will see you to full recovery in time soon.with tms healing therapy

Edited by - eric watson on 02/06/2013 20:54:52
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  09:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by All1Spirit

I have seen my symptoms reduce 50 to 70% with a reason to hope – the right word from a friend or the potential for a new program to recover. This is extremely transitory but still I have seen myself make a major shift in minutes with new thoughts??

Glad to hear the Good Doctor's KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN is starting to work for you. Our relief can be immediate because the mindbody's communication hiway is the nervous system. As Candace Pert discovered, the polyneuropeptides communicate like an electric grid through the cranial-sacral fluid that bathes the brain and the spinal column. That's why we can have such immediate reflexes for fight or flight.

Regarding how quickly our emotions can react to our pain condition, I wrote you in another thread about my own experiences with several panic attacks. It was amazing how quickly my fear dissolved, turning to relief when my shamans--er-- doctors told me I was healthy and that panic attacks and bleeds, from overuse of NSAIDS for pain relief, were two of the most frequent causes for ER visits.

The utterances of white coats can have a profound and immediate effect on our mindbody well being. Whenever I go to a doc for a check-up and they declare me healthy, I exit the doc's office feeling great. When the chiro-quack-ter said, "It looks like you have a tumor, we better take another x-ray to make sure," I was thrown into a panic.When he said "Whew, it's NOT a tumor--it's just your left testicle!", I felt great relief and never went back to see that chiro-quack-ter again.

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod =================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:
John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html

Edited by - tennis tom on 02/07/2013 11:01:32
Go to Top of Page

All1Spirit

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  13:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I trusted doctors like you do. I went to school with them and I know they kill more patients each year that cancer and heart attacks combined.

When you add in medication deaths then you surpass auto deaths
What started me on this breakdown was a misdiagnosis of a terminal condition that was not corrected for 3 months
Go to Top of Page

KristenG

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  07:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<quote>the cure is removing the fear of symptoms through positive thoughts and self talk. Lowering stress provoking habits and retraining the nervous system with meditation/relaxation. </quote>

I think this is a lot of it, for me anyway. You have to be willing to believe, wholeheartedly, that the cause of your symptoms is your own thoughts and self-talk. When you can really do that, you will see the symptoms melt away.

I had issues with anxiety for a number of years. I was to the point that I didn't want to leave the house for fear of having a panic attack, etc. I was finally able to get past that when I surrendered to it. I didn't care if it came or not. The panic attack would come and I would say, aloud if I could, lets get though this and move on. I have things to do today. I just continued about my business and they went away. They went away because they didn't have any power over me. I took my power back and stopped giving in to the panic.

Fast forward 8 years, add in some stressful life situations, and I started getting mild panic attacks again. I recognized that they were back as a distraction to the things going on in my life. I treated them the same way, and they left. Only now, they were being replaced by physical symptoms. I did not immediately recognize this as being the same as my anxiety. After several doctors visits and some Internet research I was reminded of Dr. Sarno's book, which I had read years before. That led me to this website and the good people here. I've read many of the postings here. I bought SteveO's book. I finally came to the conclusion that the physical pain required the same treatment. Surrendering to it..Just sitting with it....Acknowledging it...but not giving away my power to it. Giving away our power, going down that negative path, so much of that is a conditioned response. When I have those feelings, an ache, a bad pain, I try to pay attention to my self talk and change it into something positive. That shift in attention is sometimes enough to break though and stop the pain. That break through will give you the same feeling as the doctor telling you that you are fine. You build on that success by continuing the positive self talk and affirmations. As you continue to do this, you'll find that positive self talk can become a habit, and eventually a conditioned response.

Just my .02.

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

All1Spirit

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  07:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent post Kristen - keeping it simple and to the point

Thanks again

Around and Around the Circle We Go

The Answer Sits In The Middle and Knows
Go to Top of Page