TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 For Sylvia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EileenTM

92 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  23:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sylvia, There is a dr in Wisconsin Dr. Nancy Selfridge who cured herself of fibromyalgia using Dr. Sarno's techniques. I cannot remember the name of the book, but I am sure you can google it. She had Fibro for a long time and became free of it thru a journaling method she devised based on Dr. Sarno's teachings. She has also helped patients to become free of it as well. I like her book and found it very helpful. She uses an interesting spin on meditation.

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  07:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The book is Freedom From Fibromyalgia. I read it as well and liked it a lot, perhaps because I also received the FM diagnosis at one point. I have heard a couple people call Fibro a more severe form of TMS, so it is cool that there is a book focusing primarily on it. Of course, I wouldn't say it replaces any of Dr. Sarno's books, but she does have some interesting information about self-care skills, and discusses how personal relationships may be affected by recovering.

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
Go to Top of Page

Sylvia

199 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  06:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the headsup. I did read the book from my library, but it didn't resonate with me, I found it confusing I guess.

I would read it again, but I'm going to focus on Dr. Schubiners program going forward.

No more reading for me! I'm an addict!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000