TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Decided To Write A Book About TMS-Mind Body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  15:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone,

I decided to write a book about TMS-Chronic Pain-Mind Body methods, etc. I've been working on it and I have to say that writing a book is not easy. But I think that my own take on psychosomatic chronic pain issues and their cure is a unique one, hence why I think I should attempt it.

I am going to include my own style of 30 Day workbook and daily checklists too!!

Wish me luck.

---------------------------
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"- John Lennon

"TMS is just as afraid of us succeeding, as it is us failing" - Me

stayfit65

54 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  17:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
la kevin,

I hope it goes well for you, and it is awesome that you are willing to do this for others in order to help with their TMS journey. Keep us updated as to how it's coming along!
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  17:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I am sure you know having something unique to say in this field seems a tall order. Best of luck in your endeavor.
Go to Top of Page

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  17:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I have a unique enough approach to write my story, share my experiences, and outline my own approaches. I don't really think it's a tall order given that I have noticed patterns to TMS that others don't.
And I've compiled enough from my time here to piece it all together in my own way.

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  18:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi LA Kevin, I remember you and you had a unique vivid writing style. Good luck, I think everyone has a TMS book in them that deserves to be heard. I must warn you that there is a small group here that thinks they have an exclusive on who's books should be read and that only a finite amount of books need to be read (theirs). For evidence of this, see what deplorable treatment two TMS authors received here, trying to announce their book releases, SteveO "THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION" and Nicole Sachs, "The Meaning of TRUTH". They were called "book peddlers", "advertisers", and "profiteers" to mention just a few nasty things. It was a truly weird and ugly episode that turned a lot of people off who've left the board. The TMSForum is not what it used to be, it's now more of an Anti-TMS/Dr. Sarno is wrong board, all about stress and strain, which are just a couple of the infinite TMS symptoms, to the exclusion of others.

When you write your book I'll do my best to mention and publicize it here and hopefully the anti-TMS book epidemic will have run it's course by then.

Good Luck!
tt

Edited by - tennis tom on 06/02/2013 18:46:58
Go to Top of Page

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  19:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to know Tom.

I had no clue that people even mentioned books or upcoming books here. I honestly thought I was the first, haha.

As far as people who think another books would not be welcome or if it would meet resistance, who cares? I do what I do without thoughts of who accepts it, even if everyone here HATED it, lol.

But thanks for the heads up.

I just wanted to announce I was writing a book because I'm happy about the prospect of it. That maybe my story and my approach will help SOMEONE.

Thanks for the support.

Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  20:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

Hi LA Kevin, I remember you and you had a unique vivid writing style. Good luck, I think everyone has a TMS book in them that deserves to be heard. I must warn you that there is a small group here that thinks they have an exclusive on who's books should be read and that only a finite amount of books need to be read (theirs). For evidence of this, see what deplorable treatment two TMS authors received here, trying to announce their book releases, SteveO "THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION" and Nicole Sachs, "The Meaning of TRUTH". They were called "book peddlers", "advertisers", and "profiteers" to mention just a few nasty things. It was a truly weird and ugly episode that turned a lot of people off who've left the board. The TMSForum is not what it used to be, it's now more of an Anti-TMS/Dr. Sarno is wrong board, all about stress and strain, which are just a couple of the infinite TMS symptoms, to the exclusion of others.

When you write your book I'll do my best to mention and publicize it here and hopefully the anti-TMS book epidemic will have run it's course by then.

Good Luck!
tt

TT, I remember you back in the days when I first discovered TMS, we might have had a chat or two but I remember your name before everyone elses.

I have been away like most people who recover from TMS and are never heard from again until recent.

Has this board been an Anti-Sarno board? I havent really noticed it yet. But I am happy more people are writing books about it. I know I certainly got alot of info on here that Sarno didnt specifically say but probably meant.

I think the more people write the merrier. Dr.Sarno has certainly created alot of authors with his remedy for TMS. My mother actually told me today at around the same time this post coincided that I should write about TMS and my view.

But honestly I look forward to reading SteveO's book and when La_Kev gets around to it his book.

The world can certainly benefit and I know for sure I can during this tough patch.
Go to Top of Page

Aussie

Australia
87 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  03:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go for it Kevin! I think your story Would offer a lot to readers out there.
Good luck with it.
Go to Top of Page

njoy

Canada
188 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  10:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
La_Kev, that's a great idea and I look forward to reading it. If you like, you could post it online and get some free editorial advice. That'd be fun.

"It's worth considering that tms is not a treatment but rather an unfolding of the self, and a way of living as an emotionally aware and engaged soul." Plum
Go to Top of Page

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  17:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Kevin, that's really wonderful!

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Zafirides

189 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  12:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin,

That is wonderful! If there is any way I can help out as a resource, do not hesitate one second in reaching out to me. It would be my privilege.

Kindly,
Dr. Z

Edited by - Dr. Zafirides on 06/05/2013 12:39:43
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  13:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I mentioned on the other thread, best of luck, Kevin.

By the way, is that LA as in Los Angeles?
Go to Top of Page

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  19:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks and yes, Los Angeles

Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA